Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed websale.org

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right to the point, what do I have here?
websale.org

Be totally honest. Thanks.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Two words in .orgs are bears to sell. However, this does make sense, but I think it will be a tough sale. Not worthless.

Websale.com looks like it should resolve, but does not (at least for me it did not - maybe all 4 of their DNS servers are down)

Websale.net is developed.

Both are a plus for you.

Iwould think maybe $100-$200 or so. More if you were to develope it into an ecommerce site.

My opinion. Hope you get a million for it :)

-Bob

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sale and org are contradictory. Org is non-profit. sale is profit. I cant see a use.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
sale and org are contradictory. Org is non-profit. sale is profit. I cant see a use.

Two points:

1) There are no restrictions on .org. Anybody can register a .org name. Originally .org was intended to be for non-profit organizations, but they are free for anybody to register. Yes, the generalization lives on, but it is not 100% accurate.

2) "Sale" and ".org" are FAR FROM contradictory. Non-profit organizations make sales and make a profit all the time. How do you think they pay their employees and cover their expenses?

I belong to a non-profit credit union. The tellers certainly do not work for free. The credit union lends money and make INTEREST on the loans. Being a non-profit organization merely means that that you cannot show excess money on the books at the end of the year (I am sure there is more to it than this).

-Bob

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

Two points:

1) There are no restrictions on .org. Anybody can register a .org name. Originally .org was intended to be for non-profit organizations, but they are free for anybody to register. Yes, the generalization lives on, but it is not 100% accurate.

2) "Sale" and ".org" are FAR FROM contradictory. Non-profit organizations make sales and make a profit all the time. How do you think they pay their employees and cover their expenses?

I belong to a non-profit credit union. The tellers certainly do not work for free. The credit union lends money and make INTEREST on the loans. Being a non-profit organization merely means that that you cannot show excess money on the books at the end of the year (I am sure there is more to it than this).

-Bob

Bob. I am not 5 years old, I know people don't work for free at your bank. I was speaking in general terms. .com (commercial) fits better for a sale, then .org, where one would expect to find an non-commercial organization.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think domins that make great .coms have the potential of being great .orgs. if a percentage of each sale was to be donated to charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators