• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

well im happy, got a new domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernTn

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
0
Its not all that great, but I was looking for my firstname.ext , and the .com was gone .. the .net was gone, the .info was gone, the .co.uk was gone , and the .org was gone.. Basically everything was gone except the .biz

So, im happy I got Jermaine.biz :second: .. I already own my fullname.com , just ready to snag up the other ext of my first name.


Anyone got the .com versions of their first or last names?
 
Congratulations!!!

I wasn't as lucky as you.

I had to take martin.to

All the same I must say it sounds good to have an email

FirstName /at/ LastName.to
 
I wish I had roy.com

But I have my full name in .ca, and is available in .com still.
 
My last name is the 3rd most popular name in the U.S .. I doubt any name.ext is open for it... Well, maybe... aslong as it sounds good
 
i have my lastname for .net and .eu

I wish I had com
 
I think the bigger question is - if you did own your name in your choosen ext - what would you do with it? Keep it for keeping's sake or use it in some fashion?

I only got mine because it was used for an election. I don't see personally any other reason to use it again. Who wants to surf on to little old me? :wubpink:

Though I should add I parked my own name and it's made back the reg fee at least! LOL
 
^ Either for business purposes, or just for the fun of having it .. Good thing is.. there are a couple of professional athletes with my name.. Im just waiting for them to get REAL BIG as far as popularity to cash in on my own name lol
 
I own:
wells.org, but loan it to the wells family research group...

The .com would be impossible.
 
I'd kill to have a .com of my first name: Justice.com
Findlaw.com has had it in their posession for quite some time, though. :-(
 
Congratulation !
I hope you can take other TLDs, too !:wubpink:

Its not all that great, but I was looking for my firstname.ext , and the .com was gone .. the .net was gone, the .info was gone, the .co.uk was gone , and the .org was gone.. Basically everything was gone except the .biz

So, im happy I got Jermaine.biz :second: .. I already own my fullname.com , just ready to snag up the other ext of my first name.


Anyone got the .com versions of their first or last names?
 
I own my last name in .com, I'm lucky because it's a very uncommon last name, but I just have it redirected to a webpage with a photo, not sure what to do with it for now. I also have my wife's first name in .ca, a nice four letter name. I put up a quick mystery shopping type page with ads for now, maybe one day we'll have a better use for it.
 
My lastname is regged in all major extensions.

Doubt I'd be able to grab the .com as a rather large corp owns it:

Monroe shocks: www.monroe.com
 
Update.. my full name has an ovt of 321 W/O ext :)
 
I grabbed my last name.com about 8 years ago. But even if I hadn't, it'd probably still be available. It's pretty uncommon. The biggest use is for personal email addresses for me and my family members ([email protected]). I use the website for a small genealogy site (since it's not too hard to keep up on our "relatively" small family tree).
 
well, my name is grabbed in all major exts. even surprised to see someone in the world to have the same full name, lyndonwong.com . BTW, he's someone from Yahoo!
would be very meaningful to have your first or last name DOT com.
 
Yes I know.. I would settle for my lastname in any ext.. its too popular
 
I have had firstlast.com for a long time. If anyone's looking for theirs, I suggest a look at www.idotz.net for loads of obscure ccTLDs that might work, just so you can get your own name.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom