Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What are your thoughts of the .us !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is for opinion and thoughts of America's own ccTLD the .us. I myself think it will become a hit in a near future. Inflated prices and scarcity of good .coms will lead people go for other TLDs. The most obvious one for US citizens would be .us. It is still unheard news to many people here (not all are into domains like us). But once it gets recognition it will definately kick off.

Feel free to comment folks!! Have a good one!! :)

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If info and Biz don't make it...None will!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I do not think any ccTLD will ever be big, as the audience is severly restricted.

Yes, .com prices can be inflated and scarce, but I think people will go to .net and .org before .us. .net and .org are more commonplace. And, throw in the fact that Microshaft (errrr, microsoft) is really starting to push their .NET strategy, I beleive the .net extension will be the next big one.

Just my 4 cents (inflated of course)

-Bob

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if australia can make a sub-domain .com.au their defacto address US shouldnt have any trouble making .us acceptable and instantly recognisable ...

I think we are already seeing an "opening" in the acceptance of other extensions..with .Biz and .Info ..the further people travel away from .com and are open to using other extensions the less we become dependent on .com ..

I think what you will see for the finally "kicker" is a brash ad agency coming out with an marketing campaign for some hip product line using a .biz , .us or something for their website and once it will catchs fire with that generation everyone will jump on the bandwagon..

it's the me too marketing that american corps cant risk not being part of mentality (and rightfully so ) they have to be able to change as fast as their markets..

so yes.. ..Us , .biz ,.Info the transformation will be steady then spike when one of these "hip" or catchy campaigns come round.
JMO

BID

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom