• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What do we actually do? Can you help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
2,436
Reaction score
6
Hello Domainers,

I have a question for you – how do you call what we do? We are all selling domain names, but what would you say if you need to go to the bank and ask for a loan. For instance if you buy and sell houses you can say that you are a real estate investor, if you speculate on the stock market, you can say that you have a trading company.
I need to go to talk to my bank, and my company has 4 departments. One of my departments is buying and selling domain names. I want to find a fancy way of saying in 150 words what his department does. I don’t think buying and selling domain names sounds professional. People that deal only with traffic domain names have already a smart phrase – they call themselves “Experts in Direct Navigation”, but I struggle to find any cool terms for buying and selling domains.

Thanks,

Provider
 
Hello Domainers,

I have a question for you – how do you call what we do? We are all selling domain names, but what would you say if you need to go to the bank and ask for a loan. For instance if you buy and sell houses you can say that you are a real estate investor, if you speculate on the stock market, you can say that you have a trading company.
I need to go to talk to my bank, and my company has 4 departments. One of my departments is buying and selling domain names. I want to find a fancy way of saying in 150 words what his department does. I don’t think buying and selling domain names sounds professional. People that deal only with traffic domain names have already a smart phrase – they call themselves “Experts in Direct Navigation”, but I struggle to find any cool terms for buying and selling domains.

Thanks,

Provider
internet real estate, domain investments & acquisitions seem to do the trick... Throw in a web development and you're all set :)
 
internet web developer
 
Internet Domain Name Trading and Services Company?
 
Domain investing and web development
 
Just don't mention "cybersquatting" :D
 
Domain aquisition and intigrated market utilization expert?
 
advanced targetting online investing typosquatters?
 
Intellectual Assets Management & Sales
 
anybody with serious thoughts? no need to joke here
 
I say Online Investments or Domain Investments, depending on who i talk to..i think most people just think im a drug dealer because they give me weird looks.
 
make it simple
Web Design and Development
 
Don't mention the words internet, web or online. Banks seen no value in domians since they cannot take it as collateral. You need to tell them that you are in Software Development business. I got loans couple times in the past to finance my domain purchases. The representative told me that since the internet bubble brusted, loans are more likely subject to stricter underwriter review and you might need more proof of your business model before they will approve you.

You are not lying because developing websites is considered as software development.

Good luck...

Kawing
 
I think out of the less serious answers we can extract some "out of the box" approaches that might actually work :)
 
Your department provides "Online/Internet Identity Service".
The department researches and provides easily recognizable and brandable web site addresses in order to increase the business value of your clients' Internet presence. The staff studies the tendencies of the Internet market to find the most profitable niches to invest in and the most solvent targetable businesses with needs of stable online appearance.
The reason to have such a department in the first place, is that the return of investment in this industry is very high and the risk of lose is considerably lower than the potential profit.
 
I say Online Investments or Domain Investments, depending on who i talk to..i think most people just think im a drug dealer because they give me weird looks.

We are on to you, now it is confirmed :spy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom