Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What do you guys think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudGrab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is a series of e-mail between me and billing support for WebHostingPad.com. Let me know what you think.

First E-mail: From Me to WebHostingPad
Hello,
My webhosting was renewed today (03/13/2009), I had planned on cancelling my webhosting, as I do not have use of it anymore, but I was unaware of the time for renewal. I assumed that when the time came to renew my account that I would be notified, but I wasn’t notified that it was time to renew, instead I received notification of an invoice. I had originally paid for 1 year of web hosting, and that is all I wanted. If I had wanted 2 years of hosting I would have signed up for the 2 year plan, it makes sense. What can we do about this? I’m very concerned with this lack of communication between your company and me, the customer. Please let me know. Thankyou.
Second E-mail: From WebHostingPad to Me
Hello,

If you refer back to our terms, we tell you that you are put on auto renewal
and you were going to get renewed.

It was our policy that you agree that you read our terms and you understood it.

To cancel, please go to: https://secure.webhostingpad.com/cancellation.htm
Thank You,
Greg White
Third E-mail: From Me to WebHostingPad
You read those terms just as much as I do, that still does not give your company a right to not notify me before hand and give me a chance to cancel, that is the LEAST you guys can do, you have to agree with me on that. Remember YOU are working for me, I'm the one paying, you should do whatever it takes to make me happy with your service. How else does anyone cancel the auto renew? How much of my 71.40 will I receive back?
Fourth E-mail: From WebHostingPad to Me
Give me a break ??

I work for you ??

Why don't we just not even have terms and just say you can do whatever you like because I work for you.

Well since you are canceling, I guess I don't work for you.

Read the terms to figure out how to cancel
Thank You,
Greg White

Fifth E-mail: From Me to WebHostingPad
This is absurd, I can't actually believe I have received such a rude e-mail from you, a representative of webhostingpad, what happened to professionalism? I would like your supervisors e-mail address please. Thankyou

Sixth E-mail: From WebHostingPad to Me
Call on Monday.

Who was being rude ??

You basically said I'm your employee and I'm what suppose to kiss your butt ????

Learn how to treat people with respect, and you'll get the same.
Thank You,
Greg White

Seventh E-mail: From Me to WebHostingPad
YOU sir, are being rude. I am a paying CUSTOMER, YOU are offering ME a service for MONEY, so when a customer has a complaint I would expect that you would do whatever it takes to resolve the issue and please the customer, that is simple BUSINESS, McDonalds does it everyday when you go up to the counter and tell them you didn't want onions on your hamburger. I am amazed at how I am being treated, and I will take this series of e-mails to every web forum I know. Greg, no matter how a customer treats you should always be respectable, you have quite a lot to learn, I will be talking with your supervisor come Monday.

Last edited:

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You agreed to their TOS, too bad you didn't follow it....

MudGrab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auraka, how did I not follow there TOS? I have been charged for a renewal, I did not want to renew, but none the less it has happend, this is no breach of TOS. My frustration in this situation is not the renewal, its the lack of communication between WebHostingPad and myself, in their TOS is the only place it mentions the auto-renew, even if you did know about the auto-renew there is no other way to cancel it besides calling them, and that right there is of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators