Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What do you remember the most from DNForum?

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me was when I first joined in 2005 collecting DNF$ to upgrade my account to diamond. I sold names, signed up and posted to forums, bought DNF$... I had a lot of fun collecting 34,000 DNF$.

Another one was the big sales for domain names.

What do you remember the most from DNForum?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I created the thread so members could post their positive and most memorable moments at DNF.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
buying llll.com for $25
now theu are a few k for the same name.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a few good memories...

the auctions we had in chat room
buying LLL.com for low $$$
conversing with the "old guys and gals"
buying domains that had overture score, with extension
yahoo.com
big ppc checks

Kevin Faler

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a few good memories...

the auctions we had in chat room
buying LLL.com for low $$$
conversing with the "old guys and gals"
buying domains that had overture score, with extension
yahoo.com
big ppc checks

Personally, I love the chatroom... However, there are flaws to it, mostly it must be moderated with balance as some people get carried away. Overall, I am up for it and George and I have had discussions about the implementation. I have ran several chatroom's on other platforms and have pretty much seen it all. So, one of my pet peeves is to not have a boring chatroom but one that functions with room options for the members to better communicate. We will have more information to provide once we get there... A chatroom can be way of a software program, however, I would like to have a programmer provide our own coded framework specifically designed for our forum....not one of those boring...dry...do nothing chatroom's...

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being able to upgrade using DNF$, the SuperBowl competitions, and the many good domain sales and trades I've had here. The forum is better now than it ever was before - I like being able to edit thread titles, see more threads posted by users without having to go to their profile, the new clean look that looks perfect on my 10" screen, being given so many options to customize my thread just the way I want it, with highlights, colors, fonts and everything, being able to start a conversation from under the user's avatar... everything is great.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I love the chatroom... However, there are flaws to it, mostly it must be moderated with balance as some people get carried away. Overall, I am up for it and George and I have had discussions about the implementation. I have ran several chatroom's on other platforms and have pretty much seen it all. So, one of my pet peeves is to not have a boring chatroom but one that functions with room options for the members to better communicate. We will have more information to provide once we get there... A chatroom can be way of a software program, however, I would like to have a programmer provide our own coded framework specifically designed for our forum....not one of those boring...dry...do nothing chatroom's...

You should use a chatroom solution instead of custom dev. Why do you think sites on WP get sold more readily then ones that are custom built?

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When things were tough for us and even when they were not so bad, it was nice to have a community where you could reach out to other members to discuss business and bounce ideas. I've always appreciated the camaraderie we had here at DNF back in the day.

Also, the willingness and expertise in tracking down and highlighting the occasional bad actor by some of the other members (Rockefeller comes to mind as a great resource) was really great.

-Commerce

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I miss Igal (Mrs Jello) and his amazing sales threads. RIP.

yeah, i bought a few names from those threads

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom