Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What happened to namewinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drname

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found recently that namewinner's system doesn't work and their success rate is very low those days, even worse than registerfly.com.

I placed a bid on a expiring domain name through namewinner two weeks ago. I found that this domain name was deleted last week and namewinner never grab this domain name for me . I have to register by myself, and I'm luck enough to get this domain name.

This domain name is listed in http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_E...Industrial_Supplies/Controls_and_Instruments/

Anybody know what happened to namewinner? If they give up this market because of WLS, it's so sad.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that NameWinner isn't very good.

Yesterday the domain name bastille.com expired.

The bid on NW for bastille.com was $622 (or more), yet it lost to a $69 SnapBack.

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that they often change stragety of grabbing names. They are using only 2 registrars (DotSter and NewIdentitiy) in my understanding although SnapNames is using over 10 registrars. It is hard to win for NameWinner, actually.
Their focus is only on high bid domains in some cases.
For example, they got "Nudies.com" ($3,500 bid) when they lost many $25 domains.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Their main problem is that they only register domains during the peak drop period of 2 PM to 3 PM EST. So if a domain name drops any other time during the day, then NW won't get it until the next day (if it is still available). This gives a huge advantage to Snapnames that is constantly monitoring for dropped names.

It is too bad that Dotster never really made a full commitment to improve or enhance the capabilites of NameWinner. And now that WLS has been approved they probably won't bother putting anymore money or resources into it (unless they are successful in delaying the launch of WLS).

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, I found NameWinner is OK. Last week they grabbed me a 3 letter .org for only $26 :laugh:.

However, I've paid 7 snaps for a few months but got nothing so far :mad:.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com
namewinner HAS VERY BAD support... they SUCK
Yes, their support sucks... But wait a minute, do they have support?? ;)

Anyway, they beated Snap twice for me with under $30. That's the major reason I use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom