• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale what is the grace period for a .ca name?

domainoid

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
523
Reaction score
71
someone please remind me how many days after expiration you got to renew a .ca name? same with all registrars?

thanks!--
 
It is usually 30 days....but some registrars let it go longer. It seems that sometimes 30 day expired names don't just automatically go to TBR status. With NamesPro.ca they always go to TBR after 30 days in my experience of 10 years with them. Siber doesn't always. I have seen many months of my still being able to renew on some instances.

Not really sure of how it actually is mandated.
 
Sibername does 40 days, Namespro and Godaddy and most others I've seen use 30 days.
 
Curious since this popped up again, do ALL dropped .ca go to auction?

I ask because I watched a name expire, did not see an auction and suddenly was able to hand reg.

Could be I just did not see it but it was available bang on after expiring.
 
I believe they all go in the weekly TBR drop, and if not taken get released the next day into general availability.
 
Back
Top Bottom