• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What to do with banned google links ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone........

I found a program that scans your links, and tells you if there are any banned google site links. That are going to banned google sites, it found 2 sites I exchanged links with that are banned by google.

One is another arcade site, and one a top directory I listed with. From what I read, if you have banned links, google could banned your site as well.

I don't wanta be banned by google, I'm just starting to get traffic to my arcade from google. I read that if you find links to sites that are banned, you should get them off your site ASAP.

But this is all new to me, is this true I should dump the links. Or is it not true, and I should not worry about it and be glad I'm getting traffic from banned sites ? :doh:


Edited In:

For anyone wanting the program, that scans for banned google site links.

It a free program at the below link, I had to put the url of my links into it. Because it stopped a few times, trying to scan my hole site but it work great on the links url.

I'm still looking for advice, about the banned links I found on my site.

http://www.seojunkie.com/2006/05/09/google-ban-checker/
 
I'm still looking for advice

Post here those 2 allegedly banned pages, without it noone can give you advice
 
Here they are, the top directory uses your domain as a subdomain to track hits from people.

top20free.com

blitzgamez.com
 
from Google:

"Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links."
 
That says it all, they will be delete off my acrade for sure now.

Things of note after checking less then 50 links, to see if they put my link on their site.

10 of them did not put my link up, 2 of them was off line and 1 site don't even have links on their site.

I did not even care if my link, was so deep no one would it. If it was there no problem, but as you can see a high number did not even put my a link up inreturn. Most of them I signed up at their sites, so is saying some thing that many don't have my link at all.
 
top20free.com is totally OK, it is even good looking page
blitzgamez.com I can not access and is not indexed, hard to tell
 
Thanks, I'll keep the top20 site then.

So to check you jsut do a google search on the site, if anything comes back they are ok then ???

Also what if they have been, banned for googles adsense ???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom