Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed What type of prices do domain names only get?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are there domains out there that people will pay alot for just because of the name, regardless if there is no history of the domain on the internet, search engines, ect.. I hear people talk about how they want to see stats of the site and ect.., but what if you buy a domain name (and its a real good one) but it has no actual site to it, can you still get good money just on the name?

thanks
bryan

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check out perfectname.com and you will see what's being sold and for what.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, since I am a college student, paying alot is anything above 500 bucks. But I want to know if there are people that roam this site, or sites like these looking for domains and their URL address regardless of stats, and they are willing to put up some decent $$ for that name. I will check out that site, thanks

Thanks for the welcome also, I look forward to spending quite a bit of time in here.

Thanks
bryan

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The answer is yes. There are people who roam this site looking to buy undeveloped domain names. But your names better be damn good, and 95% of the names listed here aren't.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes money to make to money. Play lightly.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about Adult themed websites. I understand that the adult industry is one of the biggest money makers online. For domains that haven't yet been registered regarding adult themed names, are there people willing to pay out fairly large money for those?

just wondering
bryan

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They primarily stick to names with traffic. They have developed names and traffic = conversions = money.

New names you have to build traffic before you can expect to sell them.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by jag5311
In my opinion, since I am a college student, paying alot is anything above 500 bucks. But I want to know if there are people that roam this site, or sites like these looking for domains and their URL address regardless of stats, and they are willing to put up some decent $$ for that name. I will check out that site, thanks

Thanks for the welcome also, I look forward to spending quite a bit of time in here.

Thanks
bryan

Yes, people roam here and buy undeveloped (I am one). If I like a name, I will buy it regardless of traffic or previous development, pending on price of course. . .

Decent money depends on what you mean. I pay all over the spectrum depending on what I think the resale value is.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom