• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

What would you do with these domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone......

I was doing some researching, trying to find a good domain name. While doing this, I happen to see alt.bbs, that is some thing just about everyone knows what it stands for online. ( Alternative Bulletin Board System ) All Newsgroup readers do for 110% sure, now alt ( Alternative ) and bbs ( Bulletin Board System ). Also known, on the web as forums. Or bb for ( Bulletin Board ), also known as a forum.

So seeing alt.bbs I check on altbbs.com just for the fun of it, I was in shock there it was unregged. I then check on altbb.com, again unregged so I made sure I got it spelled right like 4 times. Yes it was spelled right, I then got them. No way I was letting them get away, I still can't beleave they was unregged.

So I regged altbbs.com and altbb.com, and all the .net and .orgs as well. I'm sure they could be use for other meanings as well, but most people will know what alt.bbs is on the net. The domains are as generic as it gets, and with many uses at that. Bulletin boards, forums, newsgroups, telnet, and usenet come to mind plus other things.

Now I'm thinking, where I should go from here with them. So I could use other people thoughts, on what you would do if you owned them ?

Thanks, a head of time! :)

I now own these 6 domains, coming from alt.bbs

1) altbbs.com altbbs.net altbbs.org
2) altbb.com altbb.net altbb.org
 
Tell you what? Develop a forum software and name it Alt Bulletin Board System!

Or you can also build a forum over these names and see if they become popular, then sell the other ones (other than .com)
 
They are the first 2 things that come to mind, is there much money to be made from ppc from forums ?
 
I regged A L T B O A R D . C O M a few days back
Have nice plans for it
 
I would of loved altb.com as well, but it was taken already. :)

I could use some more input from other please, I'm pretty new to this stuff and can really use the input. Thanks!
 
Well, people do make some money out of forums, but you need to have a ctive forum and a good subject for it to pay off
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom