Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What's a "lemonade stand" in DN lingo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FOr 10 points, what do us domain name old-timers mean by a "lemonade stand"?

Veterans, please let the newbies step up first please! Given them time to answer...

ANyone?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
huh?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a website that you squeeze and squeeze? :-D

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hee Hee! This is fun!

I am donating an additional DNF$10.00 to TrafficMonster's jackpot, for a GRAND PRIZE of:

20 DNF$$$$!!!

Spread the WORD!

( I mostly did this to hide the fact that I have NO CLUE!! :))

a lemonade stand................???

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"What's a "lemonade stand" in DN lingo?"

...where you buy lemonade ... and that's the problem ...

Shaun

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Build a lemonade stand, make $1 per day, then keep building them.....

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Something along the lines of...

Well, for most of us the lemonade stand expenses were covered by in-house items and/or by parents. So it simply takes time to stand out there with lemonade, no real expenses.

Now as most people are, you get really excited about starting your new "business" selling lemonade/domains. Yet when you stand at the lemonade stand all day you end up drinking most of your own lemonade. Thus you did not make much or a profit, especially since you had little traffic (your just standing on the corner). You are just a kid selling some lemonade on the corner of the street hoping to make a quick buck.

So now the domain lifestyle (and most the internet) is the same as the lemonade stand.

You have this big ideas of starting a (domain?) business online.

You jumped on the internet bandwagon because everybody was making millions as you were told, so you got your FREE Yahoo, or hotmail address, and signed up for a few FREE affiliate programs. Even set up a FREE website hosting account, and did some free classified advertising.

Free email, free websites, no hassle! Now you can reach the WORLD with your products and services, and it's costing you nothing but a little time-- right?!

Well sadly after a few months on the internet you realize that you're not a marketing expert overnight, and you're not making a killing. Same as with the lemonade stand.

Am I close??? :)

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
Something along the lines of...

Well, for most of us the lemonade stand expenses were covered by in-house items and/or by parents. So it simply takes time to stand out there with lemonade, no real expenses.

Now as most people are, you get really excited about starting your new "business" selling lemonade/domains. Yet when you stand at the lemonade stand all day you end up drinking most of your own lemonade. Thus you did not make much or a profit, especially since you had little traffic (your just standing on the corner). You are just a kid selling some lemonade on the corner of the street hoping to make a quick buck.

So now the domain lifestyle (and most the internet) is the same as the lemonade stand.

You have this big ideas of starting a (domain?) business online.

You jumped on the internet bandwagon because everybody was making millions as you were told, so you got your FREE Yahoo, or hotmail address, and signed up for a few FREE affiliate programs. Even set up a FREE website hosting account, and did some free classified advertising.

Free email, free websites, no hassle! Now you can reach the WORLD with your products and services, and it's costing you nothing but a little time-- right?!

Well sadly after a few months on the internet you realize that you're not a marketing expert overnight, and you're not making a killing. Same as with the lemonade stand.

Am I close??? :)

d:)

Nice Post

Sending some DNF$ now
and welcome to DNF

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, 2 guesses...

Originally posted by TrafficMonsterRRR
what do us domain name old-timers mean by a "lemonade stand"?

Old-fashioned lemonade?

:-D

Originally posted by TrafficMonsterRRR
What's a "lemonade stand" in DN lingo?

Ummm, only buy lemonade ... don't buy the cherry coolaid (lemonade = .com ... cherry coolaid = .cc)

:laugh:

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PCPLay made a great post. Duke of EArl , are you around? PCPlay may be your culumnist.

Anyway, a "lemonade stand" does not refer to selling domains themselves. *hint* *hint*

Anyone?

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AND, yes you were VERY close PCPlay! In fact, you use a word in your post that is key to the answer I am looking for. :)

DOn't get me wrong there may be more than one correct answer, bu tI am looking for one in particular (which is actually funny in its own way if you have been around the business for a while).

I guess I will give the next hint tomorrow..

GOod luck!

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a little more. Re-read my post and looked for any "word(s)" that jumped out. So here is round 2 for me:

Traffic-
When you setup your lemonade stand you know to set it up on the corner of your street as you know people pass by the corners. Maybe not a lot, but compared to the number that pass by your individual residence it is quite a lot.
You may make the best lemonade (or have the best domains) but no one will ever know about it unless you get a lot of traffic.

If you make the greatest lemonade for $0.10 a cup and some fast food joint on the corner of a main intersection has moderate lemonade for $1.00 a cup the fast food joint will still be doing far better off than you as they have the traffic.

TrafficMonsterRRR , what do you think? :)

Can anyone tell I want the DNF $$$? :)

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PCplay

I don't have many but I will give you mine for effort!!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call me a newbie, but I didn't know lemonade stand was domain lingo for anything.... I guess that means I haven't registered as many lemons as you :cheeky:

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
Can anyone tell I want the DNF $$$? :)
In my opinion, PC deserves the DNF$ just for two very good posts!

What do you think Monster??

Hey PC! Don't forget to take the DNF Opinion Poll in the DNF$ Forum!
You can just click on this: The DNF$ Opinion Poll

WebCat
/\_/\
(0 0) Meow!
>^<
\__/

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
In my opinion, PC deserves the DNF$ just for two very good posts!

I agree. :-D

I wonder when Monster will be releasing the hint. *puts his thinking cap on* :cheeky:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators