Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

what's the best place to register domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered all of mine at godaddy.com, is there a better place to register domains? thanks

andrew:goofy:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many people use Godaddy and have a successful relationship with them. Another popular Registrar is Enom and most domainers here use them. They have a very versatile Control Panel, easy push between accounts (good for buying and selling domains here), together with free hosting, email, redirect etc. Well worth looking into and many here can supply you with a free $8.95 account - let me know if you want to try one out :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of domains at both Enom and GoDaddy. Enom is FAR superior in every way - ease of transferring domains to others, ease of domain management, superior customer support and at Enom there is no wading through screen after screen of ads like you have to do at GoDaddy. I can register a domain in a split second at Enom. At GoDaddy it can take two minutes to get past all of the ads and by then someone else may have taken the name you wanted. Enom also has a better track record of securing domains and not fouling up accounts.

So why do I have any domains at GD? They run some great price specials from time to time that I like to take advantage of and I have bought names from others who already had them there.

If I was someone new coming to GoDaddy I would use one of their resellers instead (a service offered by several of our forum members including Domainut and Sharpy. I happened to sign up with Sid at Domainut and he has been great.). They will give you better prices than the main site and superior support.

andrewyc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom sounds great, how can I get an account with them?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM sent check User CP to collect the PM

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators