Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

What's the next Domain rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's just hope it's another .device or .continent.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The next domain rush is the same old story: generic .com, strong geo domains .com, LLL.com.

All others extensions are dead before born :D

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The next domain rush is the same old story: generic .com, strong geo domains .com, LLL.com.

All others extensions are dead before born :D
Nonsense. How do I stay in a business which grows weekly if that is the case? Geo-domains in the .com space are great but well overplayed now - the good ones are all gone and sensible cost of entry is prohibitive. Generic basic .com is on a downturn in the market. Don't you read the market reports? LLL.com is overpriced and tenuous at best currently. My 2p.

The only people "rushing" are to where the entrance fee is like $10 in a buoyant market.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nonsense. How do I stay in a business which grows weekly if that is the case? Geo-domains in the .com space are great but well overplayed now - the good ones are all gone and sensible cost of entry is prohibitive. Generic basic .com is on a downturn in the market. Don't you read the market reports? LLL.com is overpriced and tenuous at best currently. My 2p.

The only people "rushing" are to where the entrance fee is like $10 in a buoyant market.

I don't mention ccTld because depends on the country.
For example, in Italy peoples reg'd more .it domains than .com.
But the market of domains in Italy don't exist.

I think more crappy extension born, more .com is worth.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The ones to watch will be the large ccTLDs and the ccTLDs that are in countries that are about to go ccTLD positive. (That's where the number of ccTLD registrations exceed the number of .com registrations in that country.)

Regards...jmcc

That didn't even happen in the UK yet which is the second line English economy, even though people use it to differentiate UK and US sites, and even though the Americans got to everything they don't mispell first.

So far Germany is setting the trend, but actually even IDN.coms are picking up there. Eastern Europe is pretty much ccTLD dominated, but that can only swing back the other way. Very likely indeed where Cyrillics are not going to be supported under dot RU.

tomh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Renewal fee/ppc imbalance and macro economic factors will exert downward pressure on buyout sentiment this year. Many buyout type names will drop and go unregistered until the next speculative up cycle. Bagholders will exit the domain market in droves. Cash will migrate to non-domain investments and to traffic names offered below 2006-2007 prices. Vultures are overhead.

:brick:
wise words, I think

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For example, in Italy peoples reg'd more .it domains than .com.
But the market of domains in Italy don't exist.

If people are registering .it then they see value in them. If people see value in an asset then there is a 'market' for that asset. If demand increases for that asset and supply remains static, the asset will appreciate.

I am not from Italy so probably shouldn't comment on the domain market there but I would urge people not to forget their local ccTLD.

ccTLD's are the next domain rush.

Com is gone... exhausted & washed up.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If people are registering .it then they see value in them. If people see value in an asset then there is a 'market' for that asset. If demand increases for that asset and supply remains static, the asset will appreciate.

I am not from Italy so probably shouldn't comment on the domain market there but I would urge people not to forget their local ccTLD.

ccTLD's are the next domain rush.

Com is gone... exhausted & washed up.

If people reg .it domains but no buyers, no money, no transactions and no traffic = no market.
.com is king.

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If people reg .it domains but no buyers, no money, no transactions and no traffic = no market.
.com is king.

But is there really no traffic? If so then you're absolutely right but I doubt it. If it is the extension of choice amongst Italians and combined with natural SE preferences for local search then surely there must be traffic!

If there's traffic, there's advertising money. If there's money to be made then there's a market... however small (or underground) it may be.

What does 'com is king' have to do with anything? What does it actually mean? It's repeated around here often enough - can anyone define it for me?

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.COM isn't "washed up", it remains king, but there is a market for ccTLDs as long as the keywords are in the country's language. (It wouldn't make too much sense to sell English .it domains or Russian .de domains, unless the keyword is commonly used in that country.)

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.de names have (generally speaking) about 10times higher value than .com's in germany
and in other european countries it is similar

.com is the king in the u.s. because it is de facto u.s. ccTLD

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.com is the king in the u.s. because it is de facto u.s. ccTLD

Bingo!

But I guess my point is if by king you mean most valuable then yes 'Com is King' but who cares? As investors we should be looking for growth stocks not highly priced stocks.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.AE domains Dubai will be the next domain rush people are regging lots of them now but i think when their is a 7 figure sale it will be a gold rush .

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm betting on 6 word domains, I just hand regged one.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom