• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

When do names delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
0
I have a name that WHOIS says was suppose to expire on January 24, 2006 When does the name actually delete. Right now the whois just say Pending Delete. When will it drop and be able to reg again. It's a .com.

Registry Status: PENDINGDELETE
Registry Status: pendingDelete

Are there specific time frame when dropps occur and also, is there a specific time during the day when I can expect it to drop?

Thanks in advance for the help.
 
Very common question.

If memory serves...

On the very last day it specifically drops at 1PM PST - That's when all the drop catchers start their processes of attempting to register the names you've backordered.

Whenever I need to reference the actual Life-Cycle I go to http://www.domainbots.com
 
Thanks dsturbed just the info I needed
 
Incorrect, I'm afraid.

The drop for com/net happens at 2pm Eastern time (11am pacific).
 
cambler said:
Incorrect, I'm afraid.

The drop for com/net happens at 2pm Eastern time (11am pacific).

Your absolutely right. Thanks for the correction.

How's Dropshark coming along ?
 
Version 3.0 has a few surprises that I'm dying to let out as soon as I can :-)
 
It seems to me he is asking what DATE the name will be available, not what time.

If memory serves me correctly, its approximately 66 days from after the name expires to when its publicly available.
 
GT Web said:
It seems to me he is asking what DATE the name will be available, not what time.

If memory serves me correctly, its approximately 66 days from after the name expires to when its publicly available.

There is no way to be sure.

During the first auto-renew period, the name can be deleted by the registrar at any time, which would move the name immediately into RGP. As such, you can't really count the days as it can vary.

Once it goes into RGP, however, that's a fixed 30 days, and then a fixed 5 days for pending-delete. Those numbers don't vary.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom