Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Which are really more valuable NN or LL .ca's

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
perhaps one of them was you? I'll be curious to see what the prices are for these in a few years, not many coming up for sale anymore. Congrats to the winner!

Yeah we were the winner on it. I couldn't pass it up I already have 9 of them and this made it # 10 and 10% of all of them.

I'm not sure why that was so important to me but it was. And as you say not many coming up any more.

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see NN and LL as being in the same ballpark.
Lets see, whats worth more...
AT or 04
GM or 52
GE or 78
LG or 14
GF or 23
BP or 91
IT or 47 etc.

There will be exceptions to the rule (50=beer) but as long as major corporations like British Petroleum use two words as their moniker, 2 letters will have more value.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well the TBR gave a good indication of what the market thinks

Ahh the market.

It seems to me that most domainers are guilty of acting like lemmings. The second they hear good news about a particular area of domains they stampede to buy everything in sight. Actually this behaviour goes on in a lot of industries.

Now my theory of stampedes is twofold.

1/ if it's a herd of waterbuffalo standing in front of it is not smart :smilewinkgrin:

2/ For NN domains all it will take is one piece of good news and the stampede will start. And that I want to be in front of.:eek:k:

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see NN and LL as being in the same ballpark.
Lets see, whats worth more...
AT or 04
GM or 52
GE or 78
LG or 14
GF or 23
BP or 91
IT or 47 etc.

There will be exceptions to the rule (50=beer) but as long as major corporations like British Petroleum use two words as their moniker, 2 letters will have more value.

I won't argue that LL.ca is worth more today (clearly it is). But there's nevertheless important value in NN.ca also. While we're comparing branded sites, one would do well to take a look at 51.ca, one of the most popular .ca sites in Canada (the only LL.ca which seems to do better is gc.ca). And unlike one of the recently LL.ca (you know the one) NN.ca doesn't come with TM issues (which most of the above LL examples do too). Again, I'll always pay more for a clean LL.ca, but I still think that NN.ca investments do pretty well relative to their LL.ca counterparts.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is clear in respect to repeat LL or NN any ways. rr.ca sells for $15800, I have $9500 my repeat LL .ca so far and any decent LL or NN combo is now $XXXX as well .

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we all agree LL and NN are good, it's just that you have to give the edge to LL as a group for a lot of the reasons stated in this thread. I'd hold onto a NN over a crappy LL, but I'd trade most NN for any LL with good letters straight up. You really have to know the exact numbers or letters you're talking about if you want to get specific.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How's BU.ca doing at pool?

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How's BU.ca doing at pool?

Ditto. Usually I'm in at Pool. Unfortunately this week was crazy busy and so I'm not watching the auction either. Any updates much appreciated.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update DW!!

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what does the acronym BU stand for, or is this sale just because it's a two letter .ca?

maybe Brandon University, or Bishop's University.

Also works for "be you" - good potential for a social networking site.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow , are LL.ca really going for over 10K these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators