• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Which are really more valuable NN or LL .ca's

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps one of them was you? I'll be curious to see what the prices are for these in a few years, not many coming up for sale anymore. Congrats to the winner!

Yeah we were the winner on it. I couldn't pass it up I already have 9 of them and this made it # 10 and 10% of all of them.

I'm not sure why that was so important to me but it was. And as you say not many coming up any more.
 
I don't see NN and LL as being in the same ballpark.
Lets see, whats worth more...
AT or 04
GM or 52
GE or 78
LG or 14
GF or 23
BP or 91
IT or 47 etc.

There will be exceptions to the rule (50=beer) but as long as major corporations like British Petroleum use two words as their moniker, 2 letters will have more value.
 
well the TBR gave a good indication of what the market thinks, but I wouldn't throw a NN.ca out of bed for eating crackers, so they say!
 
well the TBR gave a good indication of what the market thinks


Ahh the market.

It seems to me that most domainers are guilty of acting like lemmings. The second they hear good news about a particular area of domains they stampede to buy everything in sight. Actually this behaviour goes on in a lot of industries.

Now my theory of stampedes is twofold.

1/ if it's a herd of waterbuffalo standing in front of it is not smart :smilewinkgrin:

2/ For NN domains all it will take is one piece of good news and the stampede will start. And that I want to be in front of.:ok:
 
I don't see NN and LL as being in the same ballpark.
Lets see, whats worth more...
AT or 04
GM or 52
GE or 78
LG or 14
GF or 23
BP or 91
IT or 47 etc.

There will be exceptions to the rule (50=beer) but as long as major corporations like British Petroleum use two words as their moniker, 2 letters will have more value.

I won't argue that LL.ca is worth more today (clearly it is). But there's nevertheless important value in NN.ca also. While we're comparing branded sites, one would do well to take a look at 51.ca, one of the most popular .ca sites in Canada (the only LL.ca which seems to do better is gc.ca). And unlike one of the recently LL.ca (you know the one) NN.ca doesn't come with TM issues (which most of the above LL examples do too). Again, I'll always pay more for a clean LL.ca, but I still think that NN.ca investments do pretty well relative to their LL.ca counterparts.
 
I think it is clear in respect to repeat LL or NN any ways. rr.ca sells for $15800, I have $9500 my repeat LL .ca so far and any decent LL or NN combo is now $XXXX as well .
 
I think we all agree LL and NN are good, it's just that you have to give the edge to LL as a group for a lot of the reasons stated in this thread. I'd hold onto a NN over a crappy LL, but I'd trade most NN for any LL with good letters straight up. You really have to know the exact numbers or letters you're talking about if you want to get specific.
 
How's BU.ca doing at pool?

Ditto. Usually I'm in at Pool. Unfortunately this week was crazy busy and so I'm not watching the auction either. Any updates much appreciated.
 
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed at 13500.

Awesome.

And to think the NN.ca are worth more :lol::lol:
 
what does the acronym BU stand for, or is this sale just because it's a two letter .ca?

maybe Brandon University, or Bishop's University.
 
what does the acronym BU stand for, or is this sale just because it's a two letter .ca?

maybe Brandon University, or Bishop's University.

Also works for "be you" - good potential for a social networking site.
 
wow , are LL.ca really going for over 10K these days?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom