• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Which domain is better between two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Hi,

Which of the two is better?

MORTGAGENC.US
MORTGAGE-NC.US

It's meant to be Mortgage North Carolina US :-)

Thanks in advance.
 
Just get them both? and point MORTGAGE-NC.US to MORTGAGENC.US or vise-versa.

Sin
 
I would choose without the hyphen, also if you are simply looking for indexing I would go with ncmortgage.info , its available.
 
MORTGAGE-NC.US will lose traffic to MORTGAGENC.US
 
Thanks for all inputs :-D

Just get them both? and point MORTGAGE-NC.US to MORTGAGENC.US or vise-versa.

Sin
Yes, that's what I was thinking, but I was asking to find out which one I should put more effort :-)

I would choose without the hyphen, also if you are simply looking for indexing I would go with ncmortgage.info , its available.
Wouldn't mortgagenc will rank better than ncmortgage?
Keyword weigh more if it comes before state, no?

MORTGAGE-NC.US will lose traffic to MORTGAGENC.US
Why is this?
You mean from natural type-in?
I doubt it will get type-in with .us extension. At least, not yet I don't think :-)

BTW, how much do "mortgage" keyword pay these days?

Thanks again :-D
 
use the one without the dash for print advertising

use the one with the dash for search engine marketing, search engines don't mind the dash and it helps separate the keywords

have both point to the same site, I think both are important for the reasons above
 
Thanks for all inputs :-D


Yes, that's what I was thinking, but I was asking to find out which one I should put more effort :-)


Wouldn't mortgagenc will rank better than ncmortgage?
Keyword weigh more if it comes before state, no?


Why is this?
You mean from natural type-in?
I doubt it will get type-in with .us extension. At least, not yet I don't think :-)

BTW, how much do "mortgage" keyword pay these days?

Thanks again :-D

No I don't think it will rank better , people will search on "nc mortgage" more than the reverse , do a google search on the term and look at the URL's that come up.
 
Move business to South Carolina and get Mortgage.SC :-D
 
Move business to South Carolina and get Mortgage.SC :-D
What do you mean?
I must live in South Carolina to register .sc? :-D
North Carolina won't do? :-D
jk
 
MORTGAGE-NC might lose traffic as said but it could also pick up
traffic as it's a hyphen that brings the word Mortgage out and isn't
just a group of letters like the other that spell nothing .

Some domain names catch the eye quicker because of the seperation
of the words..
 
ok people,

Now I got all 50 states + DC with .us and .info
For example, I got...
mortgage-nc.us
mortgagenc.us
mortgage-nc.info
mortgagenc.info

I couldn't decide which set to register, so I got them all :-)
If I want to keep just one set, which set should I develop?
What would value be if I decide the sell the set?

And any development idea would be appreciated :-)
 
Just get them both? and point MORTGAGE-NC.US to MORTGAGENC.US or vise-versa.

Sin

That would really serve no real purpose if you are not promoting MORTGAGE-NC.US

I would just get the non hyphenated version.
 
In response to the question that you posed –

MortgageNC.US is better.

And SW stated the best overall solution!

Reg both of them and place a URL forward on the hyphenated domain to the non-hyphenated counterpart.

Best of luck to you!

Kevin Caruso
 
That would really serve no real purpose if you are not promoting MORTGAGE-NC.US

I would just get the non hyphenated version.
That's too late.
I already got both.
Thanks :)

In response to the question that you posed –

MortgageNC.US is better.

And SW stated the best overall solution!

Reg both of them and place a URL forward on the hyphenated domain to the non-hyphenated counterpart.

Best of luck to you!

Kevin Caruso

Thank you so much for your input :)
 
MortgageNorthCarolina.us/NorthCarolinaMortgage.us are probably the best choices.. a popular trend really.
MortgageNC.us also, and with the hyphen. I'd point to the 2nd 3 word without a doubt.

Good luck.
 
MortgageNorthCarolina.us/NorthCarolinaMortgage.us are probably the best choices.. a popular trend really.
MortgageNC.us also, and with the hyphen. I'd point to the 2nd 3 word without a doubt.

Good luck.
Thanks :-)

"I'd point to the 2nd 3 word without a doubt." - What is this mean:greenconfused:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom