Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Who is the WDRP Compliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got this wierd email from what I am assuming is a spammer:

Dear Domain Holder,

This message is a reminder to help you keep the contact data associated with your domain registration up-to-date.

As of Jan 31, 2004, we are required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to send you this reminder by the Anniversary date of each registered Domain Name that is subject to the terms and conditions of that organization.

Below is a list of domain names with your email address listed as the registrant or administrative contact. The current contact information associated with the domain may be verified by following the link provided.
If any of the contact data is inaccurate, it must be corrected. If the contact data is accurate, no further action is required to comply with this notice.

Please remember that under the terms of your registration agreement, the provision of false Whois (contact) information can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration.

Domain Names with Anniversary Dates between February 1 and February 29

Name: Registration Date:
------ -----------------
Domain name.net Feb 06, 2003
View Contact Data: <http://wdrp.name-services.com/whois.asp?key=C344A278AF>

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

WDRP Compliance

This is the first of its kind that I have recieved. I just wanted to make sure it was spam and not anything important, as my information for the the domain listed was correct.
Thanks,

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its from your registrar reminding you to keep your whois contact details up to date and accurate.

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But I don't know of or have never used "name-services.com" ? could the person I bought the name from be a reseller or something?

Thanks

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the same email from wdrp.name-services.com and do not know who they are. Mr. Webname, what do you know about these people?
Doc

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eNom is likely complying with the WDRP requirements using that domain, which is generic and unbranded, to protect the relationship resellers have with their clients.

Presumably all the domains for which you got that email were held at eNom?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
name-services.com is enom

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WDRP stands for Whois Data Reminder Policy. It is the an ICANN policy that requires all registrars to notify domain owners to keep their Whois data current, and to inform them that false Whois data can be grounds for the cancellation of a domain.

And cypix is correct, eNom uses the domain name-services.com.

This is a legitimate notification, but be careful of any notification asking for credit card numbers, account IDs, passwords, or other personal data to be “updated” or “confirmed” via e-mail. Clearly, someone can take this letter, alter it a bit, and use it to scam others in this manner.

Always log in to your account properly, then make necessary changes to the Whois data.

Take care,

Kevin

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[edit] I'll ask somewhere else on the forum, this is taking ages... lol

Azooz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take it seriously - that is no SPAM. Click all those links.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Azooz said:
Take it seriously - that is no SPAM. Click all those links.

What is wrong about that email is that they need to say who it's being sent from. Anyone or anywho could claim to be WDRP compliance. If it's coming from one of the registrar companies that work for me, they better say so, and on the top of the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators