Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why are ranting threads being closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=226988

Seems to me that people have made some good points:
1. This is a paid forum, in which having an expanded PM box is an advertised benefit.
2. A 4 day single non-stickied thread notice in an infrequently visited section was all that was given before removing the PM's.

Just wondering why people aren't being allowed to express their loss of faith in DNforum, we ARE advocates of free speech here, correct?

So far, PM's have been cleared out and F$ are gone, and in both cases, members were given very little/no notice. You've explained the reasoning for removing F$ was to create a more professional environment, which in light of the thread linked to above, sounds kind of hypocritical.

I've been a member here for a while, and I just want to make sure the staff actually cares about what its members think. I'm not asking for a hug, I understand this is a business forum, not a general chat board. I just want to know if people's expressions of anger are even talked about amongst the admin, or do you just get annoyed at the little people and click 'closed'.

And finally, are there any major changes you have planned for the future that will remove benefits promised here:
http://www.dnforum.com/exmember_features.php

Have a good morning,
Jorge

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can also tell you there will be a fourm re-org today or tomorrow to make things flow better.

As for the PM deletion, it was so the forum wouldn't crash.

As for the f$, those that have them will benefit and they will be more worthwhile.

There will be many benefits added once we complete the forum re-org that will long make up for anything you see now as a drawback.

And I fully agree threads should not be closed just for having opinions, there are no little people.

I will gladly give you a hug when needed. ;)

-=DCG=-

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will the forum be down for the Re-org?

GoPC

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I love DNF , long live DNF :hippie:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will the forum be down for the Re-org?

GoPC

Nope, will stay up.

It's time to get the flow correct and not have sections all of th place.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you could have a private "Blow off some steam" Section where we can all bitch and moan without being banned or sued ;-)

That's what the other domain forums are for. ;)

-=DCG=-

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if members here are getting mad, frustrated...and are pmsing....hit the gym...it relaxes you....if you do work out...hehe

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's what the other domain forums are for. ;)-=DCG=-

Its already reg'd,

Domain Name: RANTFORUM.COM
Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.3DPIXELNET.COM
Name Server: NS2.3DPIXELNET.COM
Updated Date: 19-jul-2006
Creation Date: 17-feb-2004
Expiration Date: 17-feb-2008

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As for the PM deletion, it was so the forum wouldn't crash.
As for the f$, those that have them will benefit and they will be more worthwhile.

That's rediculous. I paid for my membership here. You have no right to remove private communications, certainly no right to remove them without ample warning. And not that I care, but to remove f$ is just as wrong. You have no right to deprive people of their property or agreed upon services.

if members here are getting mad, frustrated...and are pmsing....hit the gym...it relaxes you....if you do work out...hehe

hitting the gym isn't going to return my property to me. My private comunications are my property and to have them taken away without ample notice is just plain stealing. It's no different than having your car parted at a storage center and then having them crush it and hauled away w/o telling you. They say "we needed the room" but the you paid for the space and they didn't provide notice.

I kept my PM boxes clean and regularly deleted junk. I only kept good information. Had I had any clue that this site was run by selfish, unprofessional and calous people, I would have saved the info offline. But I had no clue just how ruthless the admins here are.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:eek:

:pop2:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I said have a rant forum, not a rant.

That's rediculous. I paid for my membership here. You have no right to remove private communications, certainly no right to remove them without ample warning. And not that I care, but to remove f$ is just as wrong. You have no right to deprive people of their property or agreed upon services.

hitting the gym isn't going to return my property to me. My private comunications are my property and to have them taken away without ample notice is just plain stealing. It's no different than having your car parted at a storage center and then having them crush it and hauled away w/o telling you. They say "we needed the room" but the you paid for the space and they didn't provide notice.

I kept my PM boxes clean and regularly deleted junk. I only kept good information. Had I had any clue that this site was run by selfish, unprofessional and calous people, I would have saved the info offline. But I had no clue just how ruthless the admins here are.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"DOMSTAR" came out blasting...with valid points..

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
agreed, but what the hell can we do now that they have been deleted.

I would be happy for them to delete all the posts in XFiles especially the ones before march, in fact I deeply encourage it.. no really. I do.

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they have a backup of the site (and they SHOULD have made a back up before doing such a drastic change) all they have to do is a restore to an alternate domain. Let us log in and get our PM and then remove it. Give people an email to let them know what's going to happen.

We do backups once month, once a week and on some, every night as a matter of routine maintence. If this site doesn't do the same it's irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom