Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why are ranting threads being closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=226988

Seems to me that people have made some good points:
1. This is a paid forum, in which having an expanded PM box is an advertised benefit.
2. A 4 day single non-stickied thread notice in an infrequently visited section was all that was given before removing the PM's.

Just wondering why people aren't being allowed to express their loss of faith in DNforum, we ARE advocates of free speech here, correct?

So far, PM's have been cleared out and F$ are gone, and in both cases, members were given very little/no notice. You've explained the reasoning for removing F$ was to create a more professional environment, which in light of the thread linked to above, sounds kind of hypocritical.

I've been a member here for a while, and I just want to make sure the staff actually cares about what its members think. I'm not asking for a hug, I understand this is a business forum, not a general chat board. I just want to know if people's expressions of anger are even talked about amongst the admin, or do you just get annoyed at the little people and click 'closed'.

And finally, are there any major changes you have planned for the future that will remove benefits promised here:
http://www.dnforum.com/exmember_features.php

Have a good morning,
Jorge

Upvote 0

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL....

sorry but that is funny

Domstar,

61 posts in over 3 years
1 public transaction with another member in over 3 years
4 posts in this thread alone, how many pm's could you have

Your attitude.... priceless

-=DCG=-

Domain Summit 2024

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah - that's one of your 'coups de grace' Adam. Priceless as you say - like he must have paid with MasterCard.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domstar,

61 posts in over 3 years

-=DCG=-

Good one DCG!...:pound: :lol2: :pound:

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shame on Domstar... I mean, he actually had an opinion that the admins don't like?

I agree with his points. There wasn't really adequate warning (not for those who don't come online at least weekly - which is waaaay over 50% of the DNF userbase, I might add).

So what if he hasn't posted much; his points are still valid IMHO? I appreciate that, especially in a forum sized like this one, the PM table in the database can become too large, and it's a good idea to clean it out every so often, with proper warning. However the fact that there was only a small news item posted up about it isn't a great sign IMHO. If you guys are going to start deleting people's private conversations, shouldn't you at least make sure that you're given ample warning for such drastic actions?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree that not sending out a PM notice was a mistake, But for members including myself, that DON'T receive a copy of there PM's to there email, it really would not of helped much to those that dont log-in often.

Also, IF the PM's were THAT important, DNF provides quick links to download ALL of them, why didn't most of you do that before the notice? took me only a few seconds.....In the end, this is not ALL Adams fault, members share responsibility in this as well.

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
another intelligent post by raider... half of her 1300 posts are really providing a future for this forum, people are treating this like a myspace page and it is getting old

If you have a problem with my posts, report them to the mods, dont trash this thread just because you dont agree with the points I made...the ones you FAILED to quote.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. Not again. What's with all this kinda stuff lately? I'm about to move this to Gold Cafe.

ya, now acroplex is gone you would think there would be a little less childish bickering littering the forums

:)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a life lesson: The more issues a person complains about, the less serious each of their complaints will be taken. You only have so many "complaint chips" before people don't care about your opinion anymore. Don't use your chips getting all up in arms about PM's and DNF Dollars. Don't use your chips fighting a battle that is already over. Save them for a discussion of higher value and a battle more worthy of fighting.

On second thought, I think I just used a chip in writing that paragraph. Damn the irony.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll try to do better guys, I think cybersqatting on typo's, that infringe on Trademarks is the way to go, that way I can elevate myself to Dan's standards.

Asol.com
Aokl.com
Nike22.com

:focus:

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domstar,

61 posts in over 3 years

-=DCG=-

It's nice that you ridicule your customers in public. How professional. Can you see the irony in attacking a customer for not participating?

Like I said, I tried to keep my PM's pretty clean. There were only a few in there that I really needed. But if there was only one and that one had a phone number and that phone number was a buyer for a domain that took you over a year to get... well I guess I'm wasting my breath.

I'm primarily a buyer. Also, there's probably 10 completed private transactions, and maybe a few hundred private offers. But I didn't realize I had a quota here.

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should be ready after the US long weekend this weekend.

and for the record about 8-10 days notice was given.

-=DCG=-

Whatever happened to this? I've been chking back in every few days and never seen any notice and no PMs are back.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he said they are fixing it then it will get done I am certain...I am patiently waiting too and most of the ones I "lost" were old important ones with contacts and MANY old deals too..

domstar - I agree with you and concur on many points...but you have to remember the golden rule. http://www.jcu.edu/philosophy/gensler/goldrule.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom