Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

why can't I register particular domains with godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know the domains are available because I went to netsol.com (against my wishes, I might add) and they will allow me to register them, but I would rather save the cash at godaddy.

Why can't I use godaddy to register names available at netsol?

Any thoughts?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1) Never use netsol - for anything!

What type of TLD are you talking about, it can't be dot com?

.US and others have legal restrication about where you live

Also - the registery was under dos attack the last week, you might have picked a bad time?

mems

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me. The name came up as available at Netsol but not at Godaddy. It was frustrating. I finally wound up registering the name at Dotster.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy is unpredictable. Nobody knows how do they check availability. The same happened to me with domains dropped 1-2 days ago, empty whois output, available everywhere - but not available at godaddy.
Also, be careful with ownership transfers at godaddy. When I sold daddy-registered domain last time, new ownership details never appeared at whois as the domain disappeared from their whois. Godaddy support are dummies, it took them 3 days to correct this. However, one week later the sold domain was mystically returned back to my account and ownership changed back to me. I had a good luck with the buyer though, they had experience with me before (so trusted me), but they are now urgently transferring the domain away from godaddy.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There have been a few occassions where I have had to go with another registrar due to Go Daddy showing available names as unavailable.
TonyK, I am having a similar problem. I changed domain ownership and forwarded the url to the buyers site. When I type in the url I go to the "new owners" website however in my account the DN still shows up and says it is pointing somewhere else???
The change of ownership was done well over a month ago.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, what I know is - you must use "transfer ownership" button in order for the domain to leave your godaddy account. Yes you may change whois yourself anytime, but "transfer ownership" button is the only way to let the domain leave your domain management account.
Their support "team" is very unprofessional. It looks like netsol.
The ownership problem was corrected when I e-mailed directly to [email protected] and got a reply within 3 days.
Why are you dealing with URL forwarding? As I see it, this has nothing to do with sale/ownership issues... the buyer should take care of it, not you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators