Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why is godaddy emailing me about this transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a domain i sold along with my website. I want to transfer this it to this guy. The domain is registered with NameCheap.com. I successfully unlocked the domain and told him to request the transfer via godaddy.

Why is Godaddy emailing me then?

Re: Transfer of *********

Dear GoDaddy.com Customer,

GoDaddy.com received a request on 9/5/2006 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You have received this message because you are listed as the Registered Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS database. If you are not the Account Holder, or you are transferring the domain to a new owner, please forward this email to the appropriate Account Holder so that they may complete the transfer process.

IMPORTANT: If a response is not received, the domain names listed above will not be transferred to us.

Why would i need to login to my godaddy account to transfer a domain registered with namecheap? He's the one that wants it with godaddy.

Anyone? need help fast :)

Thanks

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you forward that email to the buyer , the buyer then uses the codes to transfer from namecheap into his account, you will find somewhere in that email , "if you are not the registrant please forward this to the registrant"

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone put a transfer request with Godaddy. Someone is trying to steal your domain. Write to Godaddy to give you IP, name and email because the person is attempting theft. Always keep your names locked !

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone put a transfer request with Godaddy. Someone is trying to steal your domain. Write to Godaddy to give you IP, name and email because the person is attempting theft. Always keep your names locked !

Why theft?!? Seems like a normal procedure from the Pooh's description. He wants this transfer to happen.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why theft?!? Seems like a normal procedure from the Pooh's description. He wants this transfer to happen.

I oversaw the part about he IS WILLING to transfer the domain out. My brain probably blocked it out because it can not believe someone would ask, why is the GAINING registrar verifying that the owner agrees with it...

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a lot easier to get the buyer to set up an account at the existing registra and then just push it over to the buyers account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators