Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why PR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miso

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey.

Some who can explain to me why people would do often offer more for a high skilled PR domain than, say, normal domain name. What is it do to make the RP rank accomplished much value right, although the name is bad or good

Domain Summit 2024

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pagerank has value to link sellers because they can sell links on high PR domain names.

Any link buyer who knows anything about SEO can see it's a waste of money, but that doesn't stop the link sellers!

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that PR was a thing of the past and would no longer be tracked by Google.

I'm sure it's still a factor in the ranking algorithm (one of many factors) and you can still see the pagerank toolbar thingy on your browser if you have it installed.

CanSpace

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It essentially tells the prospective buyer that the domain gets (or has the potential to get) a decent amount of traffic.

Bear in mind that in many (if not most) cases, when a domain changes owners and the content changes, the PR often drops to 0 anyway.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It essentially tells the prospective buyer that the domain gets (or has the potential to get) a decent amount of traffic.

Bear in mind that in many (if not most) cases, when a domain changes owners and the content changes, the PR often drops to 0 anyway.

Not really... it just makes them aware it was a previous website with PR. Whether or not it gets traffic from link traffic is another story.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think a page rank will decrease just because of the ownership change. It has nothing to do with it (or am I missing something important here?), it has everything to do with backlinks. And if they're still there, it won't decrease.

Anyway, keep in mind that page rank is not the most important factor for rankings, I've seen websites with page rank 2, outranking page rank 4's for relevant keywords. Don't just buy a crappy domain for it's page rank. Traffic is also different for any "page rank" domain. Link driven traffic is different, number of ranking keywords achieved and it's search volumes etc...

You could buy a 6 month old domain name with 0 page rank and build it to a page rank of 4 just in one month. I know when I registered my personal domain www.aleksandar.eu, some of the people had linked to me and I had a page rank 4 within a month or so. Now it's 2 or something, some websites that linked to me are down or changed they're designs and forgot to put back a link. I'm not complaining it's an empty url anyway... But the point is that it's page rank would've remain the same if the same backlinks were present today. Now, there's one little problem, I don't know for what keywords I would rank high with a page rank 5 considering it was an empty site.. :smilewinkgrin::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom