Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Why you want to become reseller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

Why you want to become domain reseller – full time or part-time?

1. To earn extra money. That's true but is it the only thing you have in mind.

There are many other reasons why you may like to become a reseller. If you are a computer teacher, you may like your students to have a domain for their own at cheaper prices. You are fan of celebrity, sports and more, you may like to have domains at the same place for those who have a similar mind. The list is just endless. Finally someone like to maintain a reseller account so that he can but many domains at the cheaper prices from his own store: a domainer!!. I have heard of persons having more than 500 domains for their own. I personally have about 10 domains.

If you want to earn money overnight or fortnight, this program is not for you. You need a consistent approach in life. It is a competitive market, however rewards are high for those who work hard and do the things as suggested by the experts to create your own niche market.

Therefore, the first and foremost important aspect to become a reseller is your mind setup.

There are many reseller plans available: Free, pay monthly (however pay at one time for a year), pay annually, and pay onetime for life but a large amount.

Somebody may ask if they need to deposit extra money to sell products to new customers: Well there are two options here - either you deposit or not. Most of the resellers ask for a deposit and depending on your deposit you buy rate may be lower. And only few reseller programs do not ask any deposit apart from the annual reseller fee.

This is my personal choice

1.Pay a small and reasonable amount per year.
2.The buy rate should be lower or similar to most of the competitors.
3.I should be able to fix my own price
4.It should be easy to start my business (even though this business is quite competitive) so that I would be benefited in the long run.
5.I should have the tools loaded with the reseller account for the marketing of my reseller website.
6.My customers should be provided with 24X7 phone + email technical and billing supports.
7.The company should be a reputed and trustable one.
8.At the beginning of my business, I should get help from the experienced guys in this field.

My personal taste may be different from others. I would like to here from other on what they have to say.

Best wishes,

Hum

Last edited:

Asperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.
9) I wan't to get first refusal on my clients juicy dropping/expired domain names :)
:cheers:

hum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

It's a follow up update of the thread I have written more than one and half years ago.

Truly speaking I was very much skeptical about continuing the domain reseller plan when it came for the renewal time for the first year. It was in April 2008 as I did not make enough extra money to renew my account. But, then I decide to try for the second year and renewed for the second year. Oh my - I am so happy now for few reasons.

1. First of the reseller support forum is just great I can't miss it.
2. I am having much more sales than I could ever do in the first year.
3. I found my own marketing place without much burden to me and without having to spend for PTC at google adwords.

I just wish myself that the sales will be much more next year -LOL

To your success,
Hum

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

your last post was edited.

Please DO NOT promote your services in this section.

This area is for discussion only.

Thanks

Joel Smith

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good way of making some side money for starters and a really good business option for the experienced..btw hum..I have come across this same post on other forums as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom