Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

widget.com versus widgets.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

netdoc

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Of course the term widget is not actually the domain name. I don't want to post the actual domain names or break any forum TOS. Therefore, let's just say that the domain I just registered was widget.com. However, when I registered it, I didn't realize that widgets.com was already registered and an active website. So, here are my 2 questions:

1) Would you build your website around widget.com or look for and register a different domain name where the plural is not being used?

2) Can widgets.com make me give the domain over to them? (I'm just asking in advance before I build a website around it.)

Thanks,

netdoc

Future

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) Would you build your website around widget.com or look for and register a different domain name where the plural is not being used?

I will go ahead and build my website with a plural
Make sure there are not trademarks associated with the same.

A generic keyword like downloads or books were download (dot) com and book (dot) com exists, will be a great keyword to go ahead and start new website.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
find a new domain & move on

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Of course the term widget is not actually the domain name. I don't want to post the actual domain names or break any forum TOS. Therefore, let's just say that the domain I just registered was widget.com. However, when I registered it, I didn't realize that widgets.com was already registered and an active website. So, here are my 2 questions:

2) Can widgets.com make me give the domain over to them? (I'm just asking in advance before I build a website around it.)

Thanks,

netdoc

a "widget" is one item

"widgets" is more than one

unless the singular is selling the same thing you plan on selling, then there should be no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom