Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Will Buydomains.com be the next great .COM cashout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Noticed a strategic move by Buydomains to go PPC a while back... was wondering...

They have a thousands upon thousands of good names still waiting and waiting for the "right" buyers after many years.

was wondering.... are they accumulating evidence of revenue generation in preparation for a massive sellout?

Seems like they will follow Yun Ye's draft... thank god for new extensions. An alternative universe must be created.

I actually like Buydomains, except that the prices for their names seems to be tripling today for the very same names just a year ago.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Noticed a strategic move by Buydomains to go PPC a while back... was wondering...

They have a thousands upon thousands of good names still waiting and waiting for the "right" buyers after many years.

was wondering.... are they accumulating evidence of revenue generation in preparation for a massive sellout?

Seems like they will follow Yun Ye's draft... thank god for new extensions. An alternative universe must be created.

I actually like Buydomains, except that the prices for their names seems to be tripling today for the very same names just a year ago.

Yes, noticed that a few mos ago where they now seem to concentrate just as much if not more on PPC than sales. The new ppc program they use is extremely well done and amazingly programmed, and no doubt highly profitable.

I recently got a name from them and am sure they would not come down on the price (high 3 figure) at all so I did not even try for a lower price.

P.S. Someone else is also working on a massive sellout :wink: :wink:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rumors, rumors and more rumors...

Mole, you never stop :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i checked their extensive list a while back, and found a few of them unregistered.

regged em and sold em! :)

it would be good for them and other "whale's" like them, if they are getting ppc from their portfolios..........to provide traffic stats along with price!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
i checked their extensive list a while back, and found a few of them unregistered. regged em and sold em! :) it would be good for them and other "whale's" like them, if they are getting ppc from their portfolios..........to provide traffic stats along with price!

Releasing their stats and income to the public is quite unlikely, except to a potential buyer of a large portfolio. Also don't forget current ppc income is only a part of the portfiolio value and other factors are often even more relevant.

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>> Someone else is also working on a massive sellout.

Who IYO would be on a short list of domain holders now 'riper' for the picking?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once they realize how much money can be made from PPC on some of their domains,
the prices will skyrocket.

It's alright though, we're speculators and resellers, BuyDomains.com was never for
us in the first place. Over the last 4 years I purchased two domains from them and
I was the end user on both.

Luc L.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
the prices will skyrocket.

Luc L.

I don't know what's taken them so long.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
the prices will skyrocket....

you think BD domains are currently underpriced :) ?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Android said:
you think BD domains are currently underpriced :) ?

I think the end user prices are FAIR. I know I'd sell some of their domains for
more than they ask, and some are truly worthless.

I also like the fact that they're very flexible on the price. Just because it
says $10k, it doesn't mean it will sell for that, or even half that.

Luc L.

M

mole

Luc said:
I also like the fact that they're very flexible on the price. Just because it says $10k, it doesn't mean it will sell for that, or even half that.

Oh really...? Luc bud...

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Oh really...? Luc bud...

From my experience, that's how it went. Though it did take them a few
months to actually get in touch with me.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Luc said:
I also like the fact that they're very flexible on the price. Just because it says $10k, it doesn't mean it will sell for that, or even half that.
Luc L.
I agree. I was able to negotiate a better price than my client had been quoted a couple of years prior. My client was still to leery to finally "bite" on it, but-- there's a "floor", but its imiably priced in certain cases. Now, if only they'd hand me back that hobby domain name I dropped by accident last month... :cheesy:

~ Nexus

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
Also don't forget current ppc income is only a part of the portfiolio value and other factors are often even more relevant.

That is true. I have sold many domains for mid $$$ to low $$$$ even though ppc income was negligible. And refused $$$$$ for a domain which gets just 20 uniques a month. Many buyers base their offers only on number of visitors and ppc income which is a trick to reduce the value of a domain.

URLtrader

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think if any of these companies were half way creative they would launch their own PPC search engine and reap the benefits of earning 100% of the total CPC's. It is likely that with as much traffic as these firms receive they could generate decent CPC bidders ie. CPC's that correlate with the larget providers ovt, google etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators