• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Will google terminate my adsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
610
Reaction score
1
Hi guys,
I am tired of reading the TOS of google adsense but here's the situation.
I signed up as an American account with adsense. I live in US, my currency is US$ and most of my site is English.
However, recently I started to add adsense on a Chinese website. Of course since the keywords are Chinese, the ads shown on this site are Chinese ads too. And until now google is still paying for all the clicks it generates.
My question is, when google finds out in the future that it is mainly Chinese ads, will they close my account because I signed up as an American account? Is this against TOS?
If you have experiences on this, please tell me. THX.:ok:
 
As far as I know the language used in the site is not relevant. For example, if you have an Italian language site the Adsense will be Italian. But not sure is that appllies to China and Asia but almost sure it's OK for Europe and other areas.

However, that assumes G has inventory for that nation and also assumes the countries traffic is not somehow prohibited or banned.
 
If they didn't allow Chinese ads then you wouldn't be seeing them on your site.

I think as long as you do not LIVE in China (and even that I'm not sure on) you will be fine.
 
Yea,
I mean I can sign up as a Chinese adsense account bound with my Chinese bank. There's no difference to do so except I get paid in Chinese currency. So I assume they might don't like american account displaying Chinese ads since its not in the same currency. Who knows, that's google.
Thank you though.
 
Takes 5 second search on Google for "adsense languages"
https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=9727
Google AdSense supports publishers in several different languages....Chinese (simplified)....You can select your site's primary language during the application process. If you're approved, AdSense will serve relevant ads to your pages in the appropriate language, even if your site contains multiple supported languages.

So You are not breaking TOS as simpified Chinese IS supported (Traditional Chinese is not !)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom