Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Will my Afternic listings show on Go daddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know for sure if domains you list on Afternic will now show on Godaddy as they both now have the same owner?- Have given quite a few domains to Afternic but I haven't been clear on whether buyers will be able to see them on Go daddy.-

What I'm clear on is that if you list on Go daddy domains do not get listed on Afternic automatically.- Find this weird as gd purchased afternic quite recently.- Anybody know what this is about?

- Also heard next March Afternic will replace Sedo as Go daddy's partner in cross-platforms on the auctions.-
Some find this very confusing :)

Domain summit 2024

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it will show.

I just checked some of my domains.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine do show up, but with a lower minimum price than what I set in Afternic. Wonder why? Do they only pass on the offer to you if the bids exceed your min price?

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine do show up, but with a lower minimum price than what I set in Afternic. Wonder why? Do they only pass on the offer to you if the bids exceed your min price?
I don't believe Godaddy has the right to lower the minimum price you'd set on Afternic on any domain.- Tell them you've never authorized it and if an offer comes your way for a price below the minimum you wanted you should show them that email.- That shouldn't be happening and you should ignore any offers below the minimum price which was your decision.

-They should only bring you offers where bids are above your minimum price.- That's the idea behind minimum offers-bids.- But I'd take seriously that gd listings show a lower minimum price than what you'd set on afternic.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Godaddy has the right to lower the minimum price you'd set on Afternic on any domain.- Tell them you've never authorized it and if an offer comes your way for a price below the minimum you wanted you should show them that email.- That shouldn't be happening and you should ignore any offers below the minimum price which was your decision.

-They should only bring you offers where bids are above your minimum price.- That's the idea behind minimum offers-bids.- But I'd take seriously that gd listings show a lower minimum price than what you'd set on afternic.

It seems to have fixed itself. Either that, or it was showing Sedo's and now it's given Afternic the priority, so it displays Afternic's minimum bid now. That would probably explain it.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a time away from both Afternic & GoDaddy as far as listing names... I'm considering a return. So if I list the names on GoDaddy... I pay a 10% sales fee. If I list them on Afternic, I pay a 15% fee unless it's through one of their partners then it it is 20% fee. Isn't GoDaddy considered a partner? I understand GoDaddy now owns Afternic.

Where is everyone listing their names? Both places? Don't they automatically list in both places now? Where are you getting "sales" through? I know when Sedo had GoDaddy as a partner I would get rinky-dinky offers.

(Note - my largest sales/offers have always been people approaching me via email or even phone)

magicpig2

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I phoned Afternic today regarding this issue. Basically, if you list your domains with Afternic, within 48 hours they should start appearing on Godaddy if you type them into the home page, as long as you choose the 'NETWORK' level of promotion and not the 'PREMIUM' level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators