• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

will three letter .com domain worth more in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2006
Messages
564
Reaction score
1
will three letter .com domain worth more in future or will it drop like a hot potato?
 
the good ones will always increase in value, the bad ones will always be bad.
 
They will all increase relatively IMHO.
 
hold on to some. i am sure the value will keep on increasing at least for another two decades or so
 
In my next time travel I shall venture into the unknown waters of 2047 and I will find out for ya.
 
If nothing else they are vanity domains... And they will always go up ..
 
DNjet said:
the good ones will always increase in value, the bad ones will always be bad.

No such thing as a "bad" three letter .com

If you have ZQY.com on your hands and don't want it anymore...I'll take it.

Just 3 years ago you could get 3 letter .com's for $300. Today, $3000 is about the minimum price...that's a huge jump in 3 years time.
 
All depends how the domain usage developes.
But I think there wont be any major price drops anyway, to big demand for that.
 
i guess it will be a hot tomato in the future, but it depend on internet business conditon.
 
No asset in the world is guaranteed to be worth more in the future. If you are going to have any business success you have to realize that. I am betting that we aren't even close to the mania phase that I will be selling into.

If you study the big sales on DNJournal.com over the last few years you will soon realize that most everything looks like a bargain now. Very few people understand the time value of money enough to know that there is no guarantee of anything going forward. Warren Buffett is one of those few, and there is a lot of information available about how he built his fortune. You basically have to buy things for less than they are worth...over a long period of time. You can do this in any type of market.

People who don't make money in life are the type who say "I wish I knew about domains in the 1990's". If you always buy when everyone else says to buy then you will always be broke. When the stock market peaks everyone is a genius....same with real estate.

What I like about the domain game is that there are people who have been doing it for years who still don't have great names, and they believe the Internet will somehow make domain names obsolete in the near future.

This is why there is still great value if you have the guts to spend significantly more than reg fee. Don't be one of those who tries to reinvent the language everyday. The three- letter names are probably a good place to start building something of value. Get out the checkbook.
 
GT Web said:
No such thing as a "bad" three letter .com

If you have ZQY.com on your hands and don't want it anymore...I'll take it.

Just 3 years ago you could get 3 letter .com's for $300. Today, $3000 is about the minimum price...that's a huge jump in 3 years time.

I respectfully disagree, I think the speculation is already built into those combinations and they will be hard to unload in the future.
 
Rarity is one key to speculative investment.
 
aZooZa said:
Rarity is one key to speculative investment.
maybe the reason behind the art market, originality sells.
One of a kinds...
 
DNjet said:
I respectfully disagree, I think the speculation is already built into those combinations and they will be hard to unload in the future.

ALL 3 letter .com's will be a hot commodity for many years to come...assuming the domain market stays warm.
 
Acroplex said:
In my next time travel I shall venture into the unknown waters of 2047 and I will find out for ya.
I would rather go back in time to grab all the LLL .com :cheeky:
 
No asset in the world is guaranteed to be worth more in the future. If you are going to have any business success you have to realize that. I am betting that we aren't even close to the mania phase that I will be selling into.

I agree with Dog...finally. I really doubt the "end-users" will ever show up for all of these domains but I think the speculation phase is much closer to the beginning than the end. I think currently something like 8 of the top 12 domain purchases for 2006 are parked and undeveloped! I think that in 24 months I there will be 5 times as many people doing what we are doing now and that will bring a lot more price competition for prime real estate. That being said, there are other variables such as economy, technology developments and future outlook. If the economy goes south, probably not too many people will be betting that end-users will show up to pay big bucks for domain names.
 
the rate they are going they will increase as they have done before
 
I think as more businesses go online most 3 letter domains that are acronyms for business names will go up in value faster than others i dont see them going down much.
 
fatter said:
I think as more businesses go online most 3 letter domains that are acronyms for business names will go up in value faster than others i dont see them going down much.

I don't see them going down at all infact - I just don't seem them escalating in value as close to premium ones.
 
WhoDatDog said:
No asset in the world is guaranteed to be worth more in the future. If you are going to have any business success you have to realize that. I am betting that we aren't even close to the mania phase that I will be selling into.

If you study the big sales on DNJournal.com over the last few years you will soon realize that most everything looks like a bargain now. Very few people understand the time value of money enough to know that there is no guarantee of anything going forward. Warren Buffett is one of those few, and there is a lot of information available about how he built his fortune. You basically have to buy things for less than they are worth...over a long period of time. You can do this in any type of market.

People who don't make money in life are the type who say "I wish I knew about domains in the 1990's". If you always buy when everyone else says to buy then you will always be broke. When the stock market peaks everyone is a genius....same with real estate.

What I like about the domain game is that there are people who have been doing it for years who still don't have great names, and they believe the Internet will somehow make domain names obsolete in the near future.

This is why there is still great value if you have the guts to spend significantly more than reg fee. Don't be one of those who tries to reinvent the language everyday. The three- letter names are probably a good place to start building something of value. Get out the checkbook.

Altough I do think the value of domains will continue to rise, everyone thinks it will be forever. Every market crashes whether it be the housing market or the stock market. Nothing is good forever, and nothing lasts forever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom