Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Will .tv Bounce Back?

J

JudgeMind

Been very slow lately with .tv sales, at least reported sales..

Namebio reporting only 12 .tv domain sales over $500 in price in 2014, the highest being answers.tv for $28,539 but most in the $xxx to low $x,xxx range.

Domain Author

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sc.tv sells for $40,000.
Claude Dauman sold Kim.tv and Empower.tv for $6,999 each.

dylanloh

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought one .tv for $xxx. I think the market is still alive but one needs to look deep and hard

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it could possibly bounce back simply because it never actually took off lol. If you got into the business at the end of 2012 some domainers might have missed the comments and neg feedback for the 1st and 2nd yr after the ext was created. Except for very few instances domainers wasted money, they either let their .tv names drop or could not sell them well. It was a really expensive extension to carry to begin with and it's still expensive. Registrars also have restrictions sometimes as to whether you can even transfer a .tv away from its original registrar, the one domain I was looking at on a marketplace had that. Just look at your own post stats from NameBio, only 12 sold in 2014 > $500, and the extension had already matured by then, if it had any success you'd see many more sales, stay away from boutique exts, especially one this expensive/restrictive. I agree you have to look deep and hard (really deep and really hard that is) for decent sales and I'm actually amazed answers.tv sold for that much. Even sc.tv which makes sense for the owner to have sold for much more than I'd expect. Some marketplaces will not even allow .tv domains to be listed for auction, along with other extensions they don't have great expectations for

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom