Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed WindowsForum.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

namegame

If I understand correctly, from the numerous posts on this thread the plural form of any noun before Forum.com = $0 and the singular form = $2K. i.e. (Baseball.com) (Forums.com) (NamesForum.com) Let me throw this out to you for thought - could WindowsForum.com = $0 and WindowForum.com = 2K?
Maybe now you can see my reasoning!

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet
If I understand correctly, from the numerous posts on this thread the plural form of any noun before Forum.com = $0 and the singular form = $2K. i.e. (Baseball.com) (Forums.com) (NamesForum.com) Let me throw this out to you for thought - could WindowsForum.com = $0 and WindowForum.com = 2K?
Maybe now you can see my reasoning!

windowforum.com would be the better name.

windowsforum.com would appear to be related to "windows software" which would make it trademarked and $0

N

namegame

Thanks you're great!
I am reassured! - In this case it is a TM issue and not a plural is better than singular case. In other words, if trademark is not a concern then the plural version WindowsForum.com wins over WindowForum.com - Thanks for the positive reinforcement!

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks you're great!
I am reassured! - In this case it is a TM issue and not a plural is better than singular case. In other words, if trademark is not a concern then the plural version WindowsForum.com wins over WindowForum.com - Thanks for the positive reinforcement!

no windowforum.com would be the better name if you were talking about glass windows obviously. common sense must be applied

cam6996

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
would windowsforum.com really be a TM issue?

is the TM on everything even discussing the subject?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cam6996
would windowsforum.com really be a TM issue?

is the TM on everything even discussing the subject?

Yup! Why don't you open a thread in the "Legal issues" section here on this site for expert advice on the subject?
Good Luck.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is silly... "windows" is not plural (unless you are really talking about glass) - it is the singular name of an operating system. This is a terrible example to use in this thread.

Of course windowsforum.com is far more valuable than windowforum.com - it just also happens to be a TM issue that may render it a bad risk.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dimester
FrontPageTalk.com

This forum seems to get along just fine.

SEEMS. Perhaps they have "expressed written condition" or a "contract" to operate ... or they may be paying for licensing rights, what have you. This is why I suggested opening a thread in the "Legal issues" section, to be safe.
Good Luck.

N

namegame

Whatever you make of it frontrowmktg - Windows - no matter what you say and despite the fact that it is an operating system, is still plural as far as the English language goes - I don't think you have read the previous posts - and even if you have - you have completely missed the point. I beg to differ with with you but this is NOT a terrible use of a thread! Go pick on another thread!

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vivnet - you misunderstood me. I said "windows" was a terrible example to use in this thread. I happen to think the thread itself raises an important point.

Please go back and look at my statement. I interpreted your question and replied with my thoughts. I did not attack your post, just pointed out that your example was prone to inspire mass confusion.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
could WindowsForum.com = $0 and WindowForum.com = 2K?

Nope, in this case the s fits real nice.
WindowsForum.com

That a good domain.
If your trying to resell it you'll probably run into some TM problems.
If your going to use it you can talk to Bill G. and he may not hassle you about it.

A friend of mine owned windows95.com before it became winfiles.com and MS didn't really hassle him much at the time.

When you register a domain for the purpose of resell adds a whole new var to the game :)

If I owned it...I wouldn't lay awake at night wondering if Bill was going to knock on my door. And I live Redmond :)

If I were reselling it? I would do my homework :)

Cheers!

N

namegame

Originally posted by frontrowmktg
This is silly... "windows" is not plural (unless you are really talking about glass) - it is the singular name of an operating system. This is a terrible example to use in this thread.

Of course windowsforum.com is far more valuable than windowforum.com - it just also happens to be a TM issue that may render it a bad risk.

Just think of this senario - IBM develops the name "Domains" as an operating system - buys DomainsForum.com for $2MM - then I guess I could tell you "you may eat this "- "This is a terrible example to use in this thread"

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Vivnet - I've read the posts ... try to stay :cool: !!
Thanks.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
PHP said:
Domain Name: WindowsForum.com
Key Words: Windows Forum
Google Hits: 2820000
Market Rating: 2.0
Length: 12
Extension Rating: 5
Length Rating: 2
Popular Rating: 2
Composite: 3
High Retail: $1,000
Low Retail: $750
Wholesale: $225

Cheers!

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
"Windows Forum"

Only 15,000 google results.

Thanks for pointing that out lotsofissues.

PHP is stripping the quotes :(
I'll have to fix that damn bug :)

Cheers!

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WindowsForum.com

There is no way you'll have a TM issue with this. If you're worried about it, let me know and I can take the domain off you for reg fee :D

But seriously, you have nothing to worry about! I'd say the value is around $3000. Good luck selling it, maybe Microsoft would consider buying it off you themselves.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It used to be that windows was a bunch of glass sheets, and Windows is a pirated gui. Does the capitalisation still make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com