• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Wines.org offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
Whoever made me the $100 offer for Wines.org on sedo..that was funny. I know that you're here somewhere!
 
Oops I'm really sorry, I thought it was the IDN version :doh:
 
I know it's the real deal and it is a great domain !:first:
 
Nice .org...really nice.

100 is a silly offer...you should just put a min/starting bid price so as not to waste your time.

Great name...good luck.
 
rock- dont know what his budget is but someone just posted looking for wine domains in the wanted area
 
Yes, its the same guy that offered me $100, then PM'd me and insulted me because I didnt want his offer. Then today he PM'd me and told me I was full of $hit and offered me $5,000 blah blah blah...

Stay clear of this member gentleman.
 
Yes, its the same guy that offered my $100, then PM'd me and insulted me because I didnt want his offer. Then today he PM'd me and told me I was full of $hit and offered me $5,000 blah blah blah...

Stay clear of this member gentleman.

Uh, and who would that be?
 
I offer $100 all the time on sedo, alot of people will do this to find out the asking price or to start negotiations....as you can see he went from $100 to $5,000...not defending this dude, and I have no idea who it is, nor do i care..but I am certain many $100 starting offers have led to $xx,xxx and higher sales...they have to START somehow. :ok:
 
I offer $100 all the time on sedo, alot of people will do this to find out the asking price or to start negotiations....as you can see he went from $100 to $5,000...not defending this dude, and I have no idea who it is, nor do i care..but I am certain many $100 starting offers have led to $xx,xxx and higher sales...they have to START somehow. :ok:

I have not had good experiences with the $100-250 offers - usually people just wasting time. I used to get about 5-10 of those type offers a week - 99% lead no where but the guy not responding to a reasonable counter.

I set most of my names at a starting bid of 500-700...this weeds out the rif raf.
 
I agree, you should have a higher starting offer...but that may send the wrong signal that if they make that bid that's what you will sell for...very tricky..
 
I agree, you should have a higher starting offer...but that may send the wrong signal that if they make that bid that's what you will sell for...very tricky..

You are right...I have noticed that a few times...especially with an unfamiliar enduser...it is tricky.

The problem with Sedo is that there is no real back and forth communication (with out a 2 day wait for them to approve your message)....also, in most cases, you have no clue who the bidder is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom