Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Women's Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elearningtoys

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about a woman's group!

I own domain-girl.com! I would like to support one another and help each other out in this male dominated industry!

Anne

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. Go for it!

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
way to go Anne.....I see my idea of starting a local Domainer's club is catching on....:)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Other than helping one another, what else would we doing as a group?

How are you going to know if members are really women??? :lol:

Members would have to be DNF Verifed....FAX a drivers license or passport ID with a utility bill to Impactadmin or Adam for verification, something I've been meaning to do for a long time but never done it.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. While I embrace any minority support group, don't you think this can kinda back fire?

What would be the real point? To support each other just because we're women? Just seems kinda silly. I'd rather join up with similar goals regardless of gender and go from there. Yes, women are rare in this industry but really, does it matter? Or is this for the sake of diversity? :p

I just don't feel like any woman is held back from this industry. Domaining is currently dominated by males. Not because anyone is repressing women from joining but simply because that's how it worked out. :)

Just my two cents. I understand your reasons but I don't see any forceful male domination in domaining. Just a bigger ratio of male to female.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Domaining is milder than, say, PTA meetings :D

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started a thread about the gender imbalance in domaining at NP, and trust me, I've got some very very bigoted, sexist remarks by people. The thread is already almost 100 posts long, with some really outrageous comments.

Makes sense to have a women's group though...I don't know how many women are there in domaining, I don't have concrete numbers, but from what I've been told, there might be more than it appears.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started a thread about the gender imbalance in domaining at NP, and trust me, I've got some very very bigoted, sexist remarks by people. The thread is already almost 100 posts long, with some really outrageous comments.

Makes sense to have a women's group though...I don't know how many women are there in domaining, I don't have concrete numbers, but from what I've been told, there might be more than it appears.

I think you're right from experience but no one can surely know until a head count is ran.

I once participated on staff at a very popular community site dominated by males. The males knew I was female and was very ferocious to me, only because I was female. They had chat rooms dedicated to discussing how much they hated me, etc. lol. It was horrible.

From that experience, I don't staff at any site unless I'm kept totally "underground". I also learned from that community that many females hide the fact they are because of that reason. Gladly, DNF has more class than that. I've never had a gender problem here.

Tia Wood

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the real world...It's no different here at DNF.

I've never had a gender problem here.

Disagree with them and you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators