Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal Won a Sedo auction and the seller wouldn't complete the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a sedo auction a while back and the seller wouldn't complete the deal. Sedo tried to get them to transfer the name but the seller wouldn't.
I would like the name it's a great generic .ca.
Thoughts.
Thanks.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happened to me last month. In my case, seller didn't own the domain he sold so they gave a refund. Would be nice if Sedo would check ownership before asking for the payment.

Candomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a refund as well but I would prefer the domain. The seller owned it and just backed out. He is Canadian and so am I. We are both in Ontario. I remember talking to a lawyer and they mentioned it would be difficult to get 'specific performance" for the name. I guess meaning a judge would have a difficult time to get the owner to transfer. Any help would be awesome.

My other thought was to post the domain name in this forum so I have a public record of the renege.
Cheers.

Candomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will have to go through my files to get his name. I am on holiday in Mexico but couldn't help check the forums.
The domain
Mommy.ca

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you, your girl, and your johnson? WTF?

in case you don't know what I'm talking about... go to the site.

Candomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you, your girl, and your johnson? WTF?

in case you don't know what I'm talking about... go to the site.

? what are you talking about. It has forwarded to a fishing site for a while. I'm not sure if he transferred it to a buddy or if these sites are his.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

ok. I saw the new video. :) got it.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

I should have his name by Monday.

jca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently completed buying a domain on Sedo, but now just waiting for the seller to transfer the domain. Was curious what is a reasonable amount of time to wait on this transfer before seeing this transaction as having a problem?

I was surprised the sell was not completely quickly -- I paid and they sent an invoice all in one day -- but they seemed to be stalled at sending an auth code for the transfer. (The domain doesn't appear to be locked/on hold at their registrar.) Was surprised because I believe the seller is a member here on DNF in good standing (?). Maybe their portfolio is too big to notice these little things. :)

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I checked Sedo's online chat page and it said that they're closed on Fridays. You'll get a reply on Monday or Tuesday.

jca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I checked Sedo's online chat page and it said that they're closed on Fridays. You'll get a reply on Monday or Tuesday.

Yeah, the sell completed more than a week ago -- the Sedo "agent" said they have sent several requests for the transfer.

I was just curious what a reasonable amount of time is to expect to wait on a seller at Sedo? Days? Weeks? A month? or more?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I usually complete sales within 1 week. You said the seller is a member here. Have you tried messaging him/her?

kmp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a sedo auction a while back and the seller wouldn't complete the deal. Sedo tried to get them to transfer the name but the seller wouldn't.
I would like the name it's a great generic .ca.
Thoughts.
Thanks.

I just went through a very similar situation with Godaddy. I finally got one name transfered to me after over a month of emails. The other name was never transfered and I was issued a refund. The one that was not transfered was the one I really wanted. Its shame there are people who conduct business like this. I hope it works out for you. Karma is a *****, and what comes around goes around.

http://www.dnforum.com/f31/pissed-off-thread-479277.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators