Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would Like Your Input on Next DNJournal.com Cover Story on BuyDomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMyName

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know exactly which book you're referring to ... the Ken Stabler miracle TD pass to Anthony Davis, which ended the Dolphins' dynasty ... and why, according to Lloyd, Shula pulled him out of the game at that critical moment.

Unfortunately, it's Lloydspeak. He'll never write the book.

I'll call you. We'll talk.

Scott

DomainMyName

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Mumphord, who sends his best regards.

Scott

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the article ready yet?

He's da Mann - by Ron Jackson/rap lyrics by Domey :-D

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, small world. Or is it a small internet?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Ask him about the bid war between Elequa and Buydomains

Elequa does in fact have some things to say about BD that will be in this article.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I look forward to reading this one. :)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke, to have that long and successful career. You must be an "old man". I told you last week, I am going to start calling you "Sir" instead of Duke.

Sounds like you had some fun in your first career. Even more, than you have in the Domain business.

But, you still have to do research and meet deadlines (drop times). But, no more luncheons, dinners, travelling, hotels and club parties. (It's fun sometimes. But, I know it gets old.)

I really look forward to your article.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
Sounds like you had some fun in your first career. Even more, than you have in the Domain business.

But, you still have to do research and meet deadlines (drop times). But, no more luncheons, dinners, travelling, hotels and club parties. (It's fun sometimes. But, I know it gets old.)

It was definitely a lot of fun but when I left I had been at it for 22 years and it was no longer as exciting as when I started. I also wanted to run my own businesses rather than answer to the new breed of managers that took over the broadcast industry during all of the junk bond buyouts at the end of the 80's.

Incidently, I had a nearly 2-hour phone conversation with DomainMyName this morning (whose background is very similar to mine). It was a lot of fun catching up on all of the acquaintances and experiences we had in common. I also learned why he was so adamant about his preferred newsgathering techniques. He has been through some personal experiences where having aggressive press coverage on his side (shining a light on some very dangerous opponents) was literally a matter of life or death importance. They aren't the kinds of issues we have to deal with at DNJ (thank God) and I now fully understand where he is coming from.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
Duke, to have that long and successful career. You must be an "old man". I told you last week, I am going to start calling you "Sir" instead of Duke.

Actually, "Sir Duke" has a nice ring to it, so feel free to use that. :-D

I'm not that old (at least in my own deluded away of thinking). I got into broadcasting as a teenager so when I was done with that career I still had some useful mileage left on the odometer (though I do have to get out and push once in awhile now) :) .

Now Scott (DomainMyName), he really IS old! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators