• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Wow ~ Wow ~ Wow ~Wow: TM Domains "Class Action Lawsuit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey I used to own one of those! LMAO
 
What's a putative ?

It means common knowledge, for example. Adam is the owner of DNForum. That would be a putative statement.

Very interesting and well researched action. Will be educational to watch how this unfolds.
 
from reading the "law school for dummies" handbook, I deduce this fallacy:


the major flaw I see in the claimant's argument is that...

if the advertisers who are listed on those parked pages and adsense sites are benefiting from the visitors who "type-in" those domain names in their browsers, then they cannot be part of the suit against the defendants.

you cannot say your brand is being deminished, or is confusing to the customer if you are getting targeted traffic from those "typos/misspellings/www's etc" and you continue to buy ads because they produce profitable sales.

just my opinion

go ahead, beat me up! ;)
 
interesting. If the lawsuit isn't dropped (which it very well may be) it could have a very strong effect on how google chooses to monetize typos and what they do with those feeds.
 
interesting. If the lawsuit isn't dropped (which it very well may be) it could have a very strong effect on how google chooses to monetize typos and what they do with those feeds.


i think google will continue to monetize typos as long traffic is targeted and advertisers continue to purchase ads.

but me thinks google has a bigger plan...

to take over your browser!

they are doing everything that "aol" should have done


:rolleyes:


BTW: Google just opened up a "second floor" in their "Chicago West Loop" office. They plan on hiring around "twenty" engineers and more sales staff to manage their local "A" accounts.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times
 
These things just don't scare me anymore. Google will handle this. Not only because the law is on their side, but because they have to. Without typo advertising revenue, their business is decimated. As is the rest of this industry. I think 95% of new registrations today are typos or TM's.
 
but me thinks google has a bigger plan...

to take over your browser!

They already have started...Google/Firefox.

But,

They might not get a chance to do more...as some ISP companys have already taken over IE and Firefox browsers themselves from within their system. You can "opt-out"...but they don't tell you they have taken it over and sure don't advertise how to opt-out.


I live in California and almost never use IE. I just happen to use it a week or so ago, and thats how I found out that my broadband provider (Charter Cable) had taken over all non-resolving things typed in my IE browser.

http://aaplstockquote.com/charter.jpg

This "war" as only just begun.

Peace,
Dan
 
They already have started...Google/Firefox.

But,

They might not get a chance to do more...as some ISP companys have already taken over IE and Firefox browsers themselves from within their system. You can "opt-out"...but they don't tell you they have taken it over and sure don't advertise how to opt-out.


I live in California and almost never use IE. I just happen to use it a week or so ago, and thats how I found out that my broadband provider (Charter Cable) had taken over all non-resolving things typed in my IE browser.

http://aaplstockquote.com/charter.jpg

This "war" as only just begun.

Peace,
Dan

forcing you to accept cookies, if you opt out?
 
Biggedon...

I see the confusion on my part to your question...the link I provided above is something I found "after" my broadband provider changed the settings of my browser without telling me.

I do not "get" that I have to "accept" a cookie to opt-out.

I think it is something done purposely... to make people just "give up" and leave it to their settings.

I am not computer savvy...but I have been online for 5 years or so and I have never been told, I have to "accept" a cookie from someone in order to opt-out.

Its going to be a war...a BIG "loud" war...it already is... but its kind of a "silent" war right now.

Microsoft has to be doing something about it now...can you image how many browsers that were defaulting to their MSN page... that are no longer doing so?

I accept cookies for logging in to sites faster and easier etc... Not to have someone change my browser settings automatically without telling me beforehand. Why should I have to Opt-out of something, I knowingly did not opt-in to?


Peace,
Dan

BTW: I never read service agreements or anything like that, so maybe they have something in the "fine legalesse"...all I know its a pretty new change, within the last 6 months.

Maybe its something I need to talk over with John Berryhill...but do to the fact DS is named as a defendent in the lawsuit posted above...he may be so busy over the next months/years I may never get a chance to talk to him again...LOL
 
It means common knowledge, for example. Adam is the owner of DNForum. That would be a putative statement.

Very interesting and well researched action. Will be educational to watch how this unfolds.

Excellent. Learn something new every day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom