Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed .ws , .biz , .info???????

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

maybe .info is respectable, I can't see I see .ws or .biz as having much value, even the best one word names.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would say so.
But, Probably worth 1/15th to 1/20th the value of the dot com though.

Actually I can't remember the last time I saw a .ws sell. I think that extension is dead and buried.

Admittedly .info is ok in my view. But I'd say its perhaps only worth 1/100 th of a .com value as a rough guide, even then I really haven't seen many .info's sell, though in time they may catch on more with business.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not too sure about .ws, but good .info and .biz domains definitely have resale value. I have had several offers for one of my .info domains, which is the name of a community close to where I live. I bought it for future development, so I would not sell it unless I was offered a lot for it. I have also had a few offers on a couple .biz I own as well... nothing major though!

J

jimb

The thing is, that most people in the general public have no idea what .ws, .info, and .biz domains are. So, marketing is not that great for these guys. I mean, the .net's are hard enough for people.

Until the general public becomes more familiar with domain names and the internet, the dot com is probably the best way to go.

As for resale value, I dont see much value in any domains off the .com and .net.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators