Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

developed WTS: GeekBoards.com - Established vBulletin Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2k

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For Sale, considering offers: www.GeekBoards.com - vBulletin Forum

GeekBoards.com is a forum covering many topics of interest including computers, web publishing, science, technology, astronomy and pretty much anything else that is interesting and fun to learn about.

The domain was originally registered in April 2004. The forum has been established for approximately 4 years. The forum skin / design is unique. If you publish many forums you probably know that software upgrades are often a pain with highly customized forum skins. For that reason, GeekBoards' unique design has only 1 modified template (the header template). The design is basically custom images and CSS settings which make it unique. This style of design makes upgrading the software very quick and easy.

vBadvanced is used for the sidebar modules and also on the homepage which lists the 100 most recently active discussions. Prior to using the current homepage I was previously using the following splash page: http://www.geekboards.com/splash.php which you could easily switch back to if you prefer.

I've been running Google Analytics on GeekBoards since March 27, 2009. From March 27th through August 5th the site has has 23,368 visitors (20,223 unique visitors). You can view the full Analytics report at http://www.geekboards.com/geekboards-analytics.pdf Alexa has the site currently ranked at 231,526. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/geekboards.com Alexa doesn't really carry much weight with most, what I find most useful is the trend on the traffic stats graph: http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&r=2y&u=geekboards.com&

As of shortly before the time of this post: Threads: 970, Posts: 5,360, Members: 1,688

The site is not monetized, so there is no revenue to report on.

GeekBoards.com was a PR6 for most of 2007 & 2008. Dropped down to a PR5 sometime around 6 months ago.

There appears to be 3,420 pages indexed in Google, 4,412 pages indexed in Yahoo and 269 pages indexed in Bing.

The vBulletin license will be included in the sale, although we can take that out if you don't want it.

The value here, in my opinion, is with the domain, the moderately established forum, the unique (and easy to manage/upgrade) design, the traffic, the PR / link juice value and the quantity of pages indexed by the search engines. GeekBoards.com would be the perfect site to acquire for someone who is interested in the topic areas covered and would provide a great starting foundation for anyone who wants to get into the business of running forums. GeekBoards can help get you off to a running start as opposed to starting from scratch.

My reason for selling is solely financial, for cash-flow purposes. GeekBoards.com is one of many sites that I publish. I have great interest in "geek" topics, have the perfect domain and a great design on the forum. The one area that didn't go right for me with GeekBoards is that I never could find enough time to put a lot more work into the site.

Feel free to contact me via email (john @GB), private message or post in this thread with any questions or to make an offer.

Domain Summit 2024

john2k

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your interest and offers. Current highest offer is $1100. Just FYI

john2k

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to quickly update this thread. I've decided to continue publishing GeekBoards.com, so it's now off the market and no longer actively offered for sale.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an offer if you are still interested in selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators