• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed www.∆.net / www.∇.net (Delta, Nabla Symbols)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
6,409
Reaction score
0
I have registered these two domains:

www.∆.net / www.∇.net

These are the Greek mathematical symbols Delta and Nabla/Del

I am wondering, what is the current value of these domains.


​
 
What are the punycodes for them? (because the 2nd ones looks like a square)
 
What are the punycodes for them? (because the 2nd ones looks like a square)

Copy&paste either of them in your browser and you will see the punycode...

The second one is the Upside Down capitol Delta Symbol, called Nabla, or Del
 
The domain is not Δ.net (delta punucode is xn--pxa while this one is xn--h9g).
 
OK, I see. Should have double checked this, I guess this is my first mistake after just getting into IDN's. I have to blame this on the punycode converters, also there is not very much info on these symbols. I actually didn't know the name of this symbol until someone mentioned this was the Delta symbol, looks like they were wrong.

I have found this site which offers some descriptions of mathematical symbols, http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/mathematical_operators.html

This site lists these symbols as Increment & Nabla, which are based on the Greek capital letter Delta
 
Visually, it does look like the Greek capital letter "delta". But it's not, it's just a triangle symbol. How do you type it?
 
Visually, it does look like the Greek capital letter "delta". But it's not, it's just a triangle symbol. How do you type it?

I haven't been able to type in unicode characters, I have tried using Alt+number but that hasn't worked. I believe the numbers for these symbols are 2206 and 2207, but I'm not sure.
 
There are Symbols and there are characters..
these are separate and very distinct.
The official IDN greek alphabet that the Greek IDNs are based on are characters not symbols...
There are however many symbols that look and vary similar to greek characters...your "delta" is one of those..the real character delta is xn--pxa (as acro pointed out)...
 
There are Symbols and there are characters..
these are separate and very distinct.
The official IDN greek alphabet that the Greek IDNs are based on are characters not symbols...
There are however many symbols that look and vary similar to greek characters...your "delta" is one of those..the real character delta is xn--pxa (as acro pointed out)...

I am aware...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom