• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

wwwdomain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
19
Does wwwyahoo.com get type in traffic ?
Would others, like wwwdisney.com and wwwmoney.com get traffic, too?
 
They probably get tonnes of traffic from people forgetting to put the dot between the www and name part.
 
Yea. They do.
 
Yeah, they get lots of traffic. I have a wwwdomain.com for a domain.com with an ovt w/e of about 1000. I get a few hits a day. Imagine having one of the big daddies like wwwyahoo.com. :)
 
Are these trademark violations though?
 
when people are used to the internet they will hardly forget to put . after www but u never know when this will occur as only about 20% of the world population are used to the internet
 
Are these trademark violations though?

Most certainly. I have seen a few high-profile wwwdomains.com get snatched right up from the TM owner.
 
Well I dont type www in myself, I either type in eg

dnforum.com
or
dnforum CTRL + Enter

But I know they must get traffic, heh google owns wwwgoogle.com
 
SKG said:
Are these trademark violations though?

Yes, but generic words such not be violating anything.
 
Yes, but generic words such not be violating anything.

That is true!

Now, the challenge lies in finding the Meaty generics that get insane traffic.
 
you might look into country level domains, there the chances in finding wwwdomain.xx are higher than looking for wwwdoman.com.

I have a couple of wwwdomain.xx and they get great traffic. Stay away from .fr! Afnic has the tendency to take the domains down. I had one with more than 2000 uniques a day.
 
Stay away from .fr! Afnic has the tendency to take the domains down. I had one with more than 2000 uniques a day.

How right you are. I had a real premium .fr, I mean the jaw-dropping kind. It was taken away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom