• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Your opinions please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidH

Level 4
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2002
Messages
832
Reaction score
23
I have a three character name NumberLetterLetter.com and receive quite a lot of email intended for a broadcasting company which has a country version of the same name (NumberLetterLetter.com.xx) and where people leave off the country code.

The company has now expressed an indication of interest in buying the .com name.

I am interested in selling the .com name and do not want to be greedy.

What sort of price do you think I should ask? How should I turn it around to get them to put forward the price they would be prepared to pay?

Best regards

DavidH
 
In general, these go for about $5. They used to gt $150 - $500 consistently, but not anymore.

If I were you, I would ask the buyer for $500 since it has value to them. That is not an outrageous amount to them, and you are making more than the street value of the name.

-Bob
 
:laugh:
theatrical
 
Thanks for all your comments.

I will try what you suggest and let you know what happens.

Best regards

DavidH
 
"Bob and BigFart" two very different tactics. However, good
examples of negotiating, domain name reselling. By reputation
of their sucess in this arena, who's approach will you apply?
It's the sellers advantage, when he is contacted about selling a domain. To be greedy or not,to be greedy ,that is the question.
 
I went for an approach in the middle of the two suggested, asking for the local equivalent of approximately $1000, on the basis that, if they really wanted the name, we could do a deal at a lower level.

They have now advised that they are not interested in buying the name.

Still, many thanks to everyone for their advice - no doubt it will come in useful when the next enquiry for another name comes along.

DavidH
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom