• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Youtube vs utube

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe utube.com should sell its name to them.
I wonder how much they could get? At least low $xxx,xxx I think.

Wonder if utube picked up any more business?

video searchers taking a fancy to a bit of piping!
 
I heard utube already turned down 2.5 mil...they want 7.5 mil
 
Well, uTube is not trademarked by YouTube so they can't sue them. Google also just bought YouTube, so they might or might not.
 
Because they're not competing in the same industry, I don't think that there's gonnna be any suing.

But it's a bit ballsy turning down the 2.5mil

They must be a pretty big or established to turn down that kinda money!

Wonder if they're gonna get the 7.5 mil though??
 
You never know now that Google have bought YouTube, paying all that money.
 
Maybe the lawsuit is to pave them a way to legally park the domain utube.com later. I think they SHOULD have right to park it or even start their own sharing video site, because they simply registered utube.com 6 years before youtube.com
 
Now YouTube will countersue. Why not? They will find a reason and their cash has no limits.
 
Google paid so much for youtube. Would think they would want to settle rather then have this legal headache.
 
I wish the owners of utube.com the largest possible success.:happy:

They deserve it.

UTube
Good luck!!!
 
Not so funny really, if they get a court win, it could open the way for Trade mark rights on youtube.com.

That would put many domains, at risk even more then they are already. As big incs just take alot of domains, with out even a fight over them because of the money it would cost them to fight.
 
I wish the owners of utube.com the largest possible success.

They deserve it.

UTube
Good luck!!!

Why? From what I see here it looks like they are the ones being opportunistic. Is it just that the big guy is always bad and the little guy is always good?
 
The pipe people are lucky and should quit whining. If they are getting too much traffic to handle, they should put up a text-only page for a few months until people learn how to spell the name of the video site.
 
utube made $12 million, eh? Perhaps they should've invested in pure technical
solutions for a technical problem (e.g. dedicated, colocation, etc.) rather than
a legal one, especially since the latter can take longer to resolve.

But...I guess they see suing as a more viable solution, whatever's going thru
their heads.
 
Want to see a smaller firm win for a change!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom