Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

If you owned DNForum, what would you change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) I would like to see an auction area, nicely organized, with auction calendar, links for submissions, links for past results, etc; one place for all auction info, and then fixed subforums for discussions as usual. People are then more likely to help each other.

2) More indications in the main index of each subforum when threads are old or closed.
I think it could be clearer. Its so weird when someone posts to a thread that is 3 or 5 years old and suddenly the thread gets active.

As this market matures, we need as much organization as possible.

Kevin

Domain Summit 2024

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would add a right hand side panel to each page where members domain names are displayed. It would mean narrowing slightly both the name panel (not a great loss) and also the main post display area slightly.

Members would be able to input from the 'User CP' section a set number of domains for sale on a monthly basis, say 3 names for each Exclusive member, 2 for Platinum Members, and 1 for each Gold member. The panel could either scroll or refresh. There would be no 'qualifying' criteria except of course no adult/illegal/TM would not be permitted.

Just my 2 cents.

Ebiz4india

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If i owned the DNF, i would have given FREE DNF T-SHIRTS or Accessories to all its paid members.

And also, I would have set few prizes for members, who replied to 1000 post, etc.

:)

H

H2FC

I would make the site more user-friendly by eliminating the need for the horizontal scroll for those of us who must use the larger print setting. Can't the page number selector be moved a little to the left?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"SUGGESTION BOX" reward program.

*I would install a suggestion box where members could submit ideas and be rewarded for them.. anyone who suggested something that is put into place in whole or part is rewarded based on the value of the idea.

could even be paid in DNF$$$ or whatever. This would get the ideas flowing.

*okay now how much do I get for this suggestion box idea???? :pound:

:yo:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Reducing the number of crappy domains for sale would be a huge improvement to the forum, Not sure how you would do it though.

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with Raider. Here is how I think one could do it.

I hate to suggest yet another section, but perhaps a section for topical names. Set it up much the way the country .TLD section works, but instead of TDLs, break into popular topical categories (e.g., 2-3 letter .com names, GEO names, single word names, etc) and have each of these break into their own "Offers" and "Fixed" sections. The good news is that several existing "top level" sections could fold into that new section.

In this way, premium buyers will search premium names and they won't get cluttered together with some "less choice" opportunities. While those who want to sell the "less choice" can continue in the existing framework.

Arguably, I would guess that this was probably the thinking behind splitting out the "short names" sections.

-Commerce

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reducing the number of crappy domains for sale would be a huge improvement to the forum, Not sure how you would do it though.

It's very hard to define sometime what is crap and what is not. Where is to draw that thin line...

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An example of crap: NP chat right now. 71 people, and not a murmur about domains.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
An example of crap: NP chat right now. 71 people, and not a murmur about domains.

They must be discussing the new wallpaper theme. ;)

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To bring up a suggestion I made earlier:

I would like to see the 'Make Offer' and 'Fixed price' removed from the Sales section and the section split by Price range. ex. $1-100, $100-$500...

There is not much difference between Make offer and fixed price for sellers and buyers. Seperating by price range would also be the best way to seperate the low price/quality domains and the premium domains which seems to be important to some members.

I would also change the Wanted section by removing Budget range. I would change this to Fixed budget and Non-Fixed Budget. Many buyers do not have a fixed budget and end up posting in each section anyway.

cheers

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, we will go through this thread and make a list of all the suggestions then post and vote on priority.

-=DCG=-

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I totally disagree.

I think Price range is more important than whether the seller is willing to bargain or not, at the time of posting the thread.

Also many sellers list domains with Fixed Price + Offers. Which section should they post in?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm going through this thread now and making a list of things we need to change.
Thanks for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it and we always enjoy making changes to the DNForum site to make it better for our members. Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators