Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

If you owned DNForum, what would you change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The moderator that deleted my Johnny Cash Avatar cos it "looked" offensive. Even after blurring out the gesture to ensure compliance. This is offensive, but buying somebody a vibrator as a gift through the system is not huh? That's just messed up.

Varchar had a animated cartoon giving the finger and its since been changed, seems your not the only one.

I see your point about the vibrator, maybe that should go too, I personally think it's degrading and offensive to Women just as a blowup doll would be offensive to Men.

i'd Fix The Horizontal Scroll Thing.

No kidding!!! Not all of us have wide screen monitors.

Last edited:

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Varchar had a animated cartoon giving the finger and its since been changed, seems your not the only one.

I see your point about the vibrator, maybe that should go too, I personally think it's degrading and offensive to Women just as a blowup doll would be offensive to Men.

No kidding!!! Not all of us have wide screen monitors.

I don't find a blow up doll in any way offensive, but hey, you yanks have always been a bit more prudish than the rest of us yeah?
Lets just go all sterile and politically correct then.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think some of the suggestions so far are good. And, some would take us backwards.

When making suggestions, make them with the intentions of making the forum better for all. Not just for your individual interest.

As for the dancing girls, I'm not sure my heart could take it.

Funny, I never considered myself or the other Women on this Forum as "Dancing girls", care to expand on that? and what suggestions did you find here that will take us backwards?

==============================================

Last year I suggested to add a live auction, but I now see too much would be involved in that, Not to mention the whiners and complainers who's names would be rejected by staff. This is just a thought, but why not have a section devoted to "Domain Voting" for the upcoming Moniker auctions?, Lets say Moniker comes out with a list of 3000 domains, DNF members can cast votes on which ones they feel should make it to live, What role the voting plays in Moniker's decision making is a open question, but having something like this would show which domains domainers are expressing the most interest in and would give additional exposure to the upcoming auctions as well as the domains.

Last edited:

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would add an option to exclude a thread from the search engines.

This is one of the best suggestions I've heard yet, as it is a pet peeve of mine with posting names here at DNF. Many people unaware of the SE indexing factor often get caught off-guard after it's too late and the domain is indexed. It detracts from discussing 'sensitive' domains here at DNF imo.

Live Auction w/ Drop Services & Escrow would be nice - make the marketplace more dynamic, yet complementary to DNF's premier base of domaining knowledge.

Allowing one to see whois in chat from any given page is convenient too.
Could you resurrect the idea of members making $DNF for chatting, with a little extra for Exclusives, so as to encourage more Chat Activity? Increasing the potential for quick, dynamic exchanges of information and knowledge (between those with more experience (presumably Exclusive members, in general, do) and those who are new), as well as the potential for on-the-spot sales. It seemed doable before - just wondering if it could still be effective?

Also, I would add a 'PMs' link for 1-click access to PMs the way it used to be - rather the 2-click process required to use the 'Your Notifications' function. Or, make it such that when you hover over the dropdown arrow next to 'Your Notifications' it reveals the options without you needing to Click it to open it.

Overall, DNF is tops, and we all have our little peculiars, but I'm sure whatever gets upgraded/expanded will be cool - as always!

Best of Luck & Success in All Your Endeavours!

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny, I never considered myself or the other Women on this Forum as "Dancing girls", care to expand on that? and what suggestions did you find here that will take us backwards?

Impressive post, good luck with your Moderator application ;)

lap dancers and strippers on a friday night :-#: :amen:

I never considered you as a dancing girl. Nor anyone else on this forum.
I was responding to someone elses suggestion.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I never considered you as a dancing girl. Nor anyone else on this forum. I was responding to someone elses suggestion..

I didn't see Preds post, thought you were referring to Warriors suggestion.

:sorry:

SonnyBurnett

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DNForum is the best domain forum in the world from years.
Every change in future...try to make these changes originals and stay real to the roots of this great forum.
Don't try to copy other forums...DNF is the best forum today and forever.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNForum is the best domain forum in the world from years.
Every change in future...try to make these changes originals and stay real to the roots of this great forum.
Don't try to copy other forums...DNF is the best forum today and forever.

Son,

I just sent you 10 $DNF for your honesty. Don't spend all at once.

:lol:

SonnyBurnett

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Son,

I just sent you 10 $DNF for your honesty. Don't spend all at once.

:lol:

Thanks Johnn. :)
I say what I think...I live in this forum, I live with this forum.
I think DNF is the best always...just stay real with people, expand our views and go straight to the next millennium :lol:
I see many other forums every day try to copy DNF but...the Original ALWAYS Win.

The Juice of DNF are the creative ideas...this place have creative ideas everywhere, every post.

Last edited:

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) Make the ad banner(namejet) smaller at the top. Its war to big.

2) It would probably be a good idea for everyone here to be verified at some point. I realize that saying this that I am not but that's only because at this time dnforum has only one way of verification,utility bill and that's not option for me.

2(b)- Give multiple options for Becoming DNF Verified.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would try to fix the "Find More post by XXXXX" when you click on a members name. it was working months ago but hasnt been working lately. I have seen others mention it but it still isnt working, a message keeps coming up "the forum requires you wait 10seconds between searches, please wait 10 seconds" ok 10 seconds is up still not working!!!

:yo:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy these threads, we can't make all the suggestions come to life but I will try and implement some of the latest suggestions posted here.

thank you!

-=DCG=-

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holiday prizes,

Member of the month prizes,

Member of the quarter prizes,

Member of the year gets a new car, i prefer NISSAN mUAHAHAH

lieren

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if i am a boss of here ,i will try my best to improve the domain parking area ,there is no new post long time .

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The moderator that deleted my Johnny Cash Avatar cos it "looked" offensive. Even after blurring out the gesture to ensure compliance. This is offensive, but buying somebody a vibrator as a gift through the system is not huh? That's just messed up.

I never knew Johnny until I saw the movie "Walk the line" I thought it was pretty good, The music seemed to sound better in the movie than his original recordings. Anyway, since the gesture was blurred out, I don't know what the big deal is, no reason for it to be deleted.

Your right about the vibrators too, they are offensive, Somebody here and I'm not saying who, sent me one, After I had it removed he sent me another one, and I had bother ImpactAdmin again to remove it.

Don't understand why their still allowed.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about a domains sales area with only good domains (a domain sales place censored by dnf staff maybe) instead of members having to wade through vast pools of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators