Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

[M] Mimimise [dot] com - One Word Generic Dictionary Word - Massive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hope this is all a misunderstanding

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It did not go to auction because I caught it with a script.

Can you explain how you did this, as you told me, while keeping the original creation date on the domain? Perhaps you could explain your script, as its unlike any I have ever heard of and the first time I have heard of anybody catching a desirable .com domain in the drop with a script in a long time. Perhaps I could buy a copy of this script as apparently it is very good and capable of tricks I didn't believe were possible?

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So is the script used to catch dropping domains or hack into email accounts?

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I do not know how it works. But it does send a lot of packets to registrars. And I do not think one can hack into email boxes without backdoor spyware. Since Donnacha was in vacation, I do not see any possibility he could exploit his password this way.
Straight answer to your question: it's advertised to catch dropping domains.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting... snapnames has some new secret competition, huh. I would certainly like to hear more about this service, as would we all, because everyone wants to catch more names. I doubt snap will be happy with what appears to be that NetSol is going behind their back to give out expired names to another paid drop catch service. I'm sure once this gets out the entire industry will be rocked.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are we by any chance talking about a German service?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why does it now list "quadrofx.com" as the domain contact email, and quadrofx.com uses [lotsofltetters]@quadrofx.com as it's own email contact, and has fake "private" contact info?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ic what you mean. Have you heard of something called spam prevention? I can't afford to have some Indian SEO company calling me 7 days a week.
I do know what you mean there, but did you also know that GoDaddy is a bad place to have fake info, that they will charge you up to xxx. just for a complaint?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I'm wondering, when you took ownership of the domain, did you push it from one account to another, or did someone push it to you. Did you take ownership of an account as well as a domain?

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
After the request is prompted succeeded, it asks me to choose staying in the same registrar or transfer to my desired registrar. I have half of my domains at GD so I chose transfer.

I do know what you mean there, but did you also know that GoDaddy is a bad place to have fake info, that they will charge you up to xxx. just for a complaint?

I have an executive account. I complainted several of my own domains just to see how good the service is, and turned out the account manager always took care of it.

Interesting... snapnames has some new secret competition, huh. I would certainly like to hear more about this service, as would we all, because everyone wants to catch more names. I doubt snap will be happy with what appears to be that NetSol is going behind their back to give out expired names to another paid drop catch service. I'm sure once this gets out the entire industry will be rocked.

No surprise. I found Savespell.com short after I started domaining. None of you guys knew it until dnor (I think that's his ID) spoiled it about a month ago. I even posted in the thread to teach you guys how to turn the pages.

victimlesscrime

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting how the focus has shifted to painkillers.com where the facts of the case are less clear.

Fortunately the case is crystal clear with minimise.com

1.The address I had in the whois for years was [email protected] (stupid but the whois hadn't been touched since I registered first in 1999)

I haven't used the hotmail account since then.

2. NetSol confirmed to me that minimise.com was renewed by someone using the email address [email protected], claiming to be me.

3. Immediately after renewal this person transfered the domain to Godaddy.

4. Immediately after the 60 day lockout period, the domain appeared for sale.

I've been careful not to use this forum to accuse aliengg of the theft.

I am merely stating the fact that minimise.com is now considered a stolen domain.

Aliengg claims I have libeled him. I have not.
Aliengg threatens and calls me a liar at every opportunity.

I refuse henceforth to be drawn into these peripheral arguments.

I have stated the facts about the process by which my domain was transfered out of my NetSol account.

I am relying on legal process to recover the domain name and I am pursuing an additional criminal aspect of the case which I will not be discussing here. This crime is being officially reported and I do not want to prejudice or pervert that process.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that both of you get this sorted in arbitration outside of a public forum. This sort of drivel on these boards only adds fuel to the fire that domainers are nothing but fraudsters and hackers. Frankly it casts a shadow on honest domainers, while also providing an FAQ on how to hijack domain names.

The evidence is clear as to what has happened, however without IP logs from hotmail and Netsol there is no direct evidence as to who perpetrated the theft.

However, in most countries possession is nine tenths of the law and therefore AlienGG will have to prove that he bought the domain in good faith.

As for the Libel comments, I would not worry about that. Libel cases are notoriously expensive to fight and harder to prove that any damage was done to a persons reputation, first the complainant would have to prove that they actually have a reputation to damage.

With regards to victimlesscrime's comments that he would not wish to prejudice any process.. I hate to say it but "too late".

Your continued posts only serve to prejudice and attempt to sway public opinion. I do appreciate that you are frustrated; my advice to you is to pay the $1500 for the UDRP and then get yourself a good lawyer. If you were to win the case then I am confident that you could proceed with criminal proceedings and even claim damages.

There is no clear guilty party here and this will never be solved by fighting on the boards, if the intention was to damage the reputation of members on this board then I do fear that you have succeeded. The end result however is the same, AlienGG still owns the domain, and you still want it.

It does look like Godaddy has frozen the domain, in pending transfer back to NetSOL.. if this is the case then some question are going to have to be answered by AlienGG

Govern Yourselves Accordingly

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welll as long as AlienGG is not willing to share any real evidence he purchsed either name with for example a bill of sale or receipt of some sort, I have to remain leary. Grant, please understand that you have made statements that do not add up and when confronted you give a " mythical service " answer. It is just unacceptable. That simple. Up to victimlesscrime to proceed with minimise.com and with painkillers.com I think it has become a dnf effort to solve. Take care everyone, my day job is calling :)

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No surprise. I found Savespell.com short after I started domaining. None of you guys knew it until dnor (I think that's his ID) spoiled it about a month ago. I even posted in the thread to teach you guys how to turn the pages.

Savespell is a site to browse expiring domain lists of which there are many such sites. Browsing lists and re-registering dropping domains is entirely two different things. Even if this service you claim to use did exist, there is no way to re-register a dropped domain without the creation date being updated to the date it is is re-registered. The only way to take possession of an expired domain legally and keep the creation date is if the registry holds the name and then gives it to a new owner such as in the way snapnames does with their auctions. They have an exclusive agreement with NetSol to do this as well as with some other registrars including stargate, register.com, enom and others. The only other way to take a domain and keep the creation date is thru buying it from the owner, stealing it out of the owners account by taking control of the admin email address for the domain or somehow getting the registrar to transfer the domain into your account by some other, usually illegal, means. Let's face it, your statements do not add up. And apparently, the minimise domain is on its way back to NetSol leading me to believe the domain was acquired in an apparent illegal means which also makes other high profile domains that you have such as painkillers and mashup subject to more scrutiny and I believe rightly so.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the magic service ......

Scan whois emails and in turn see which ones bounce ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom