Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

[M] Mimimise [dot] com - One Word Generic Dictionary Word - Massive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheLegendaryJP, thanks for your comments. I am not going to show respect to the clown that posts the comments how the names stolen. Doesn't matter who he is and how long he is here. If you feel that i showed disrespect to the whole forum this is your opinion and you entitled to that. Have a good day!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very informative reading. Especially after seeing how a particular person in this thread engaged themselves in trade of stolen domains. Where I come from, the saying goes "In the hanged man's house, we don't talk about rope".

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very informative reading. Especially after seeing how a particular person in this thread engaged themselves in trade of stolen domains. Where I come from, the saying goes "In the hanged man's house, we don't talk about rope".

:gasp: Welcome back.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I am on my honeymoon but dont leave the country for 2 days and had to reply to the latest comments.

Provider, it didnt take two weeks to ban him, Adam was asked not to so the names could be returned first.
You seem to hold something personal against Joe ( Mr. Deleted ) I dont care for it and you disresprected all the work and effort we as a community put into this thread to recover the names by stating this thread lasted 29 pages and it suprised you and " in the future " admin should do it . Something not one person could accomplish alone. Many calls, pm's emails etc. Instead of saying great job guys glad to see people are watching, you were critical. :disappointed:

Raider Girl, I disagree with you on those who know are the ones that have statement. I read like crazy, watch the history channel like crazy , art history, business, past and present success stories etc. Knowledge is power, it is what you do with it that speaks of your character.

Go away !

Enjoy your honeymoon Bud :)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey theo what's up bro:) welcome back

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"In the hanged man's house, we don't talk about rope".

Reminds me of Hitchcock's film, Rope (well worth watching). Welcome back.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So did anyone doing and real domaing, and sell any at all ?

I've only got new domains, it's a lot easier to buy them then sell them. :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Knowledge does not make one guilty.

Your correct and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I believe it is "usually" the case in most instances.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your correct and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I believe it is "usually" the case in most instances.

So you say that "usually" if somone knows how to shoot a gun they also killed somone? No. Not everyone that knows HOW to do somthing will do that. It's not legal.

It does not mean that just cause I know a gap in the system exists, that I am going to exploit it. I have one friend that said he hows of some $xxx,xxx names who are "up for graps" in this way, but he won't touch them. I don't know the names, and honestly, I don't want to know. But I wish the owners of these name would fix the problem before their names are taken.

Provider is mad at me, and it has nothing to do with the post I made, cause, frankly, he never even read it. I posted it early in the morning before I headed out, and I was sarcastic, but I did not post info much different then can be found on the net.

Here is a post by a guy who recovered a domain useing simular stuff as what this guy did to steal Minimise.com and others.

http://fixlog.blogspot.com/2007/02/recovering-or-stealing-domain.html

It is really not rocket science.

Just knowing how to do stuff, does not make you a killer, theif, or whatever, it just means I know how it could be done.

Also do I need to remind people that a year or 2 ago I and Edder got into a theif's hotmail email address from here at DNF and recovered the stolen domains to give them back to the owners worth in exess of 5000, which he was stealing using a paypal account with a stolen credit card? Well I don't see how I could be a theif. Just cause I know how to research, and recover, stolen names, does not make me a thief. John Berryhill has more experience in simular crap as I have, does that make him a theif?

Those who give instructions are usually the ones who done it themselves, otherwise how would they know?.

One word: Research

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree to the fact that knowledge about something illegal does not necessarily mean the guy has doen it before.
If that was true, any body who codes for anti-viruses would generally be deemed of making them at some point; which is not right.

If you dont learn how these things are done, you cant stop them either.

When i transferred the domain (minimise) from that web page to a new account, i knew what all aliengg wud record and if it cud go against me.
Therefore i used a proxy before going to that page. Had i Not known how proxies work, i wouldnt have dared to go ahead and accept all that on the page.

So i believe you gotta know how to kill to stop others from killing, coz that tells you what to be wary of. But that doesent mean ive killed :\

Rohan.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deleted, as you know I don't have anything personal against you . I was mad at your post. Let's close this matter. I hope the names will be returned and the funds recovered.

AlienGG mentioned few times that he sent the proof to one of the users. I think if one of the mods were involved he could ask for more info/clarifications, and the matter could be resolved much faster.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Also do I need to remind people that a year or 2 ago I and Edder got into a theif's hotmail email address from here at DNF and recovered the stolen domains to give them back to the owners worth in exess of 5000, which he was stealing using a paypal account with a stolen credit card? Well I don't see how I could be a theif. Just cause I know how to research, and recover, stolen names, does not make me a thief.

Are you saying you hacked into somebody's email account and stole domains back? if this what you did, then you are a theif, just like the creep that stole them in the first place.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you hacked into somebody's email account and stole domains back? if this what you did, then you are a theif, just like the creep that stole them in the first place.

No. I did not hack into anyone's email. If you want, you can research the case, it should be here on dnf still. I am not getting into details. And BTW I was a mod at the time.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Thats right.
As they say "Two Wrongs Dont make a Right"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Back then he had joined the Dark Side Force ;)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe that the management of the forum could contact AlienGG user the same day, and demand explanations. Do you really believe that it should take 2 weeks to go back and forth to find out the truth?

A forum is a place for members to come together. The Administration should try to avoid being an "Authority" and let members work it out as much as possible. I think they did the right thing by letting the members bring the issue to a conclusion before banning AlienGG. Just because they administer a forum doesn't mean we should try to get them to act like some kind of Policing agency.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No. I did not hack into anyone's email. If you want, you can research the case, it should be here on dnf still. I am not getting into details. And BTW I was a mod at the time.

Yes, I would be very interested to read the thread if you can find it, it sounds like you logged into a email account that wasn't yours and transferred domains you had no rights too, is that about what happened?

You already proved my earlier point;

Raider said:
Those who give instructions are usually the ones who done it themselves

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this thread is getting very very interesting ...

I don't thing you should blame Mr.Deleted for "exposing" a very basic "hack"
this is known for many years and as Mr.Deleted said is not a rocket science

this reminds me the case of Microsoft, when a new bug is discovered, MS is shooting to the researcher cause is publishing information on how to expose and fix this before MS issue a patch.
Obviously you cannot name the researcher a scammer cause he found a bug and provided information on how to protect your system aren't you ?

the use of a free based email (yahoo,hotmail etc) for any kind of service other than just FUN is obviously not reccomended

I would not expose the "method" or anything related but anyone can easily steal a domain from you if you have a free email service as the contact email for your domains on some registrants - and all this without getting your password or waiting your email to expire due to inactivity.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually hotmail addresses do not get deleted, at least not right away. They expire and remain in place for several months until the legitimate owner logs in with their username and password to re-enable them. Of course all email is gone.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually hotmail addresses do not get deleted, at least not right away. They expire and remain in place for several months until the legitimate owner logs in with their username and password to re-enable them. Of course all email is gone.

I think the inactivitiy is at 1 to 2 years. Not right away. I registered an email recently (few month ago) as I was testing this theory for the admin contact of a domain registered in 98, and it is at enom, I did no touch the domain, but I have the admin contact email address. The owner I think has it in a reseller account with other names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom