Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Paypal account limited!? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heres what I get when I log in:

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

Dec. 31, 2006: Due to a sudden increase in your transaction volume we need to obtain additional verification information.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-236-112-031.)

So I clicked on the option to confirm my location and they said that they would call and that I would have to enter a 4 digit code. I never received a call. Then I received an email saying the call failed and that I will have to wait 7-9 days to receive a letter in the mail.

They also want me to provide "inventory verification" for a few domain name transactions! How am i supposed to do this? What gives? Any help is appreciated!

Your account access is limited. Why?

To remove the limitation, complete all steps listed in the 'Steps to Remove Limitations' table below.

Steps to Remove Limitations
To Do Date Limited Required Response Status Action
Dec. 31, 2006 Add and confirm a bank account Information Submitted
Dec. 31, 2006 Confirm Location Waiting for your response
Dec. 31, 2006 Provide Business Information Information Submitted
Dec. 31, 2006 Fax documentation Waiting for your response

Wise

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, its a pain, but usually once you get through this they dont bother you again. I got it when I sold my old Rolex a while back, I got $7,500 through and they did exactly the above. My call worked fine though.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand this:

Please fax each of the following documents:

- Contact information (phone number, email, etc.) for your supplier or suppliers
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:8TW68774MR583980H ( <>- Dec. 19, 2006 )
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:6TL82315AM155470V ( <>- Dec. 26, 2006 )
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:8H797309HM466502H ( <>- Dec. 28, 2006 )
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:6G085398FG787720J ( <>- Dec. 31, 2006 )

Please make sure that the documentation you provide is valid and legible. If we do not receive all of the requested documents and information indicated within 7 days, we will be unable to complete the application review process. When you are ready to fax your documentation, click Continue to Fax Cover Sheet.

They are asking me to send Proof of sufficient inventory for domain name transactions..how am i supposed to do this?

"- Contact information (phone number, email, etc.) for your supplier or suppliers
- Proof of sufficient inventory for the following transaction:8TW68774MR583980H ( <>- Dec. 19, 2006 ) "

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just call them, and explain that they are intangible goods
When my account got limited I just called them and cleared it up straight away, happens to everyone at some time

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Darn, and it just so happens to be the holidays. :(

Dr.Ead

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got mine limited too, for 7 months. and suddenly one day,they sent me an email saying that my account has been restored. I sent dozens of email, no calls made though

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just call them, and explain that they are intangible goods
When my account got limited I just called them and cleared it up straight away, happens to everyone at some time

Yes, the best way to resolve this is by phone.....Below is Paypals phone #

I'm sure you already know this, but keep your eye on that address bar....I've received quite a few Paypal spoofs lately.

Good luck!

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST on Saturday and Sunday

Call us at: 1-402-935-2050 (a U.S. telephone number)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its no spoof.

its very real... you have probably been accepting a large volume of paypal payments.. couple years ago they used to only hit their 100k/month customers with that thing.. now i believe it is 10K/month or less!

be careful with the domain payments... bad bad idea with paypal, gotta make sure they ALWAYS write the domain in the note or the title of payment.. otherwise reversals are easy as hell. they do not cover "not as described" claims except for ebay purchases, but if someone doesnt put clearly that it is a domain sale in the title or note, and they do a chargeback, and you have no tracking #, its over..

Dr.Ead

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
be polite and formal if you are to ever contact them via email. thats the key

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, i am getting ready to call them in about 2 hours when they open. hopefully they will activate it today.

cloudfuyun

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good luck

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them. Bastards! I cant stand this type of stuff. They told me that now i need to fax them a copy of a utility bill and it should be handled within 24-48 hours. Does anyone have access to a printer and fax machine? I dont and i could email the docs. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them. Bastards! I cant stand this type of stuff. They told me that now i need to fax them a copy of a utility bill and it should be handled within 24-48 hours.

its like talking to a copy of their TOS isnt it?

if they handle that in 24-48 hours it will be a world record... mine took a week, and i thought that was getting off lucky..

and oh, if you ever change your email address on your paypal account, theyll have you do it all over again...

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to a printer and fax machine? I dont and i could email the docs. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is very easy, i got into such probs sometime back. just drop in any internet cafe... (i believe there are many in your city) they should have a fax machine and a printer. If this doesnt work send me the docs (i at eyz.com) and i'll fax them for you.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used rapidfax to send the documents...much much praise to them. If you need to fax but dont have a machine i suggest you use them.

I just received confirmation from paypal saying they received the documents. Now it says it will be 3-5 days before its reopened.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me, they had to send me some little card with a verification number on it, took about 4 weeks to get in the mail up here in canada.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used rapidfax to send the documents...much much praise to them. If you need to fax but dont have a machine i suggest you use them.

I just received confirmation from paypal saying they received the documents. Now it says it will be 3-5 days before its reopened.

Fingers crossed they get it sorted for you Rock. ;)
Faxes rile the sh*t out of me. As far as i'm concerned they went out with the dodo! :lol:
Haven't had to do it with paypal as just verified through bank account & entered code.
With other companies that need faxes i just scan in the document & send as an attachment with an email. Have done this for transfers, verification etc with utilities also.
If a company insists like GreatDomains i just won't bother with them , too much hassle & too many other easier options.
If it is essential, like for legal purposes i would rather send a hard copy at the cost of a stamp rather than go in a local shop that will charge about £3 in England. (when a faxmachine only costs about £20! LOL)
cheers
Pred

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The woman at paypal said to send in a copy of a utility statement and this will work..this will bypass the need to wait for the letter. I have multiple open transactions totaling high X,XXX and I cannot receive payment until its reopened. This sucks.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sent you a pm dude
Pred

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom