Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Paypal account limited!? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal sucks. They did the same to me when Klickerz Paypaled a payment. I told them I value my privacy and won't be sending anything in. They said they would keep my balance for 6 months and send me a check. I'm not counting on it.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this does happen to you, I suggest calling paypal and asking to speak to a supervisor. Ask them exactly what you need. If you need to verify your address, simply go to a bill that you pay online and take a screenshot of it. If you need to send "supplier" information for transactions which are domain names, simply tell them that they are domain names and fax the whois information for every domain name. If you do not have a fax machine, go to Rapidfax.com and you can sign up there and send faxes with relative ease. Please PM me if you need any help.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal really sucks... Im suprised no other company has stepped in to compete with them...

Google Checkout has just entered the scene but it has very limited use unfortunately to compete with Paypal. Paypal has created what looks like a monotony and many people still use it inspite of its abuses.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...the famous fax-this-and-fax-that procedure - I've done it 3 times.

Twice they hit me while I was on vacation. I tried to explain that I don't usually take my utility bills to the beach :) Not really fun though.

Here's a description of how the process works: Paypal - Account Limited.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to PayPal in is not acceptable that I have taken 45 days to respond to their limited access email. I explained that according to my own terms and conditions, it is perfectly acceptable to take 45 days to respond to PayPal. ;)

Seems they will not varify a credit card by fax unless you ask nicely. At first the agent said no. Then the agent went to ask her supervisor and confirmed no. After a bit of grovelling, she agreed to accept the fax. :cool:

Twice they hit me while I was on vacation. I tried to explain that I don't usually take my utility bills to the beach :)

lol :)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know the banks in Canada have a pretty quick online cash transfer now...bank to bank to any of the major banks. I use it regularly on my Canadian accounts. As soon as all of the international banks can "talk" to each other cash transfer should be an option.
I have always been amazed that the banks haven't jumped in before...

Glad to see you are back in biz Rock...

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
......And its limited once again. I'm starting to hate these guys.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that because of large transactions with paypal ?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've received multiple 10k payments through paypal since my last "limitation" and they didnt blink an eye. I received 4 seperate $1,000 payments from the same person within 10 minutes yesterday and this is what limited my account and his and of course those funds are frozen for investigation. :upset:

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They just do their job. It's not a bank, they don't know you. They rely on a fraud screening system. Hopefully fellow humans will resolve your problem. Take care.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've received multiple 10k payments through paypal since my last "limitation" and they didnt blink an eye. I received 4 seperate $1,000 payments from the same person within 10 minutes yesterday and this is what limited my account and his and of course those funds are frozen for investigation. :upset:

the 4 seperate payments from the same buyer within 10 mins must have sparked the security warning ...imo

ctc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take a look at an alternative one.. Take a Look at Paypay.com.
its not bad at all.

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems that the two events happened on Holidays , maybe they are raising the alarm level while they are out.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Rockefeller... I'm almost not looking forward to when (or if :p) I'm receiving x,xxx payments in the future due to this happening.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the affiliate link makes this alternative so much more credible :rolleyes:
http://www.paypay.com/?frm=crap
lol :smilewinkgrin:
I've received multiple 10k payments through paypal since my last "limitation" and they didnt blink an eye.
Above 1K I use escrow. I'm not sure I trust pp enough for 5-figure amounts.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, i trust the buyer and not really paypal. The only credible alternatives for me are Moneybookers and Epassporte. Anyone know any others?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My current moneybookers limit is EUR 16000/3 months I think and I'm verified. Perhaps with a merchant mb account it's possible to raise the limits.
They are OK but they have a reputation for being even more finicky than paypal. If you are doing volume does not sound like the right deal for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom