Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Paypal account limited!? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The downfall is that paypal is used by the majority. My paypal account has now been limited twice and it hampers me from doing business. Hopefully it will be up and running on Tuesday and my 4k is released to me, doubtful, but its wishful thinking.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went through the "limited" procedure sometime last year after my first xx.xxx transaction. I just filled in the form and faxed it with a copy of my passport. I phoned the next morning to ask how long it would take and the lady on the phone activated my account immediately.

Never had a problem since then.

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish I had seen this post a week ago when Paypal did this to my account!

I don't think I could have been meaner through email either. In fact, I threatened a lawsuit for their failing to do the very thing they were designed to do. I called them "bastards", "retards", "dumb asses", "highschool dropouts"....you name it and I said it! I could care less if it is bad ethics or not! They hijacked my money, which most would call stealing!

I bought a two-letter domain and a week after the fact, I had the domain, he still couldn't access the money. As a result, he started to panic thinking somehow I was doing this purposely in an attempt to screw him. He even asked if I would transfer the domain back to him until the money cleared. Of course I wouldn't!

Fortunately, a week after it started, everything was restored. I'm sure they were not a bit fazed by my legal threats. I am still so worked up over this! Not many things could get this angry!

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish I had seen this post a week ago when Paypal did this to my account!

I don't think I could have been meaner through email either. In fact, I threatened a lawsuit for their failing to do the very thing they were designed to do. I called them "bastards", "retards", "dumb asses", "highschool dropouts"....you name it and I said it! I could care less if it is bad ethics or not! They hijacked my money, which most would call stealing!

I bought a two-letter domain and a week after the fact, I had the domain, he still couldn't access the money. As a result, he started to panic thinking somehow I was doing this purposely in an attempt to screw him. He even asked if I would transfer the domain back to him until the money cleared. Of course I wouldn't!

Fortunately, a week after it started, everything was restored. I'm sure they were not a bit fazed by my legal threats. I am still so worked up over this! Not many things could get this angry!
:lol::lol: Heh, nice e-mails (seriously)! I'd be really annoyed if PayPal done this to me, congrats on getting your account restored quickly!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:lol::lol: Heh, nice e-mails (seriously)! I'd be really annoyed if PayPal done this to me, congrats on getting your account restored quickly!

Yes, it does get annoying. I transferred around $20,000 to my paypal account to earn interest off the money market...and I usually use my pp debit card for purchases since I have a $3k/day debit limit. Now my debit card wont work, my money isnt earning through the money market, and of course, i cant access my money at all. lol.

Giode

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does get annoying. I transferred around $20,000 to my paypal account to earn interest off the money market...and I usually use my pp debit card for purchases since I have a $3k/day debit limit. Now my debit card wont work, my money isnt earning through the money market, and of course, i cant access my money at all. lol.

Pretty sad, and you have had this happen two times! I can only imagine the frustration! There are no excuses for this.

why123

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so, do you need a liscence for selling domain names??????

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes. you can buy one from me.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes. you can buy one from me.

Don't buy one from this guy. I bought a domain selling license from him and he never delivered. You can sell under my license for now, #CDL4582127. Free for 30 days, 1 percent selling commission if you want to keep using it after that.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't buy one from this guy. I bought a domain selling license from him and he never delivered. You can sell under my license for now, #CDL4582127. Free for 30 days, 1 percent selling commission if you want to keep using it after that.

As a matter of policy, we are unable to comment publicly on individual licensing issues.

Our commitment to the global war on terrorism has prompted us to implement tighter screening procedures to combat the surge in fraudulent payment transactions related to domain selling licenses, which have caused delays in some exceptional cases.

We are sorry about the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding. Our customers can rest assured that every legitimate licensing request will be granted in due course.

why123

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where on Earth did that come from?

lol! i saw your ealier post, and it says paypal told you that you need a domain selling licsence for that selling domains. i was like "what, you serious!?"

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, i havent read through my old posts but back in January when my account was limited i finally called and asked what was going on. I was on hold for 30 minutes and finally i talked to a man, he was getting me nowhere so i asked to speak with his supervisor. His supervisor treated me like I was a drug dealer using paypal for payments. I told him that millions of dollars in domain names are sold per year and he had no idea what I was talking about. It was hell...and its hell now. 3 day weekends suck...get back to work you bums.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal is the worst company .. ever!
But everyone uses it, so not much to do about it.
i had my account limited too several times. Dealing with their (un)support is a nightmare.

the funny thing is now, every time after i email the support they seldom help, but they always send a survey to ask how I find their support - well it's fun :D

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL
This thread must be the Bermuda triangle to domainers!
check out posts 32,33,34 & you will see what i mean! :lol:
Pred :smilewinkgrin:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And #35 was banned until just recently...now THAT would've been funny.

I just got off the phone with what paypal calls their "support", and they were actually somewhat helpful this time. My account is currently under review so I should know what is going to happen to my money within 2 days.

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
uhhg how can I delete my post ?? , Lol
It is interesting that an alternative could not get stronger against paypal , that's because of their huge market share and long time in the business.
Last month eight countries had a problem including Turkey,Israel.Malaysia , when you try to accept a payment , paypal begin to ask that you should add a us bank account , it took them 9 days to understand the problem and took another 15 days to fix it.

And #35 was banned until just recently...now THAT would've been funny.

I just got off the phone with what paypal calls their "support", and they were actually somewhat helpful this time. My account is currently under review so I should know what is going to happen to my money within 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom